Rib catering question

2littlepiggys

ok we are doing a wedding in Sept. We are doing 3 meats one of them ribs for 185 people, how many racks do you think we will need?:p

2 Bones Per/ Person = 30 Racks

If your serving, you could give out 1 bone and cut it down by 30 %

2 Ribs a person? Dear god there better be a lot of other food, since people love ribs and will eat much more. My experience is people often eat half a small rack even with tons of sides and drinks.

For me, the best system is to put the ribs last on the serving line and make sure you have a server to put one on the plate then ask if they would like another one. The big eaters will ask for more and the little eaters will pass or only want one. Meats are always last in line with chicken first, we use a three compartment plate so after you put bread, salad, beans, potato salad there isn't much room for a lot of meat the first time through and with three meats people usually only take one or two meats as it is. Most people in my area will take chicken so I always have enough chicken for everyone to have one piece and cut down on the other meats.

2 Ribs a person? Dear god there better be a lot of other food, since people love ribs and will eat much more. My experience is people often eat half a small rack even with tons of sides and drinks.

According to the post, There are 2 other meats.

I hate to ask but you do know to set the line up in such a way that its tough to stack the plate, right?

I hate to ask but you do know to set the line up in such a way that its tough to stack the plate, right?

This is something we're working out ourselves currently, at this point we're manning the table ourselves but that's not idea.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this?

Back