New Guy and a new pit build...

B

BbqJohn

My two tanks, the read one will be my vertical chamber(60 gal, 50 bucks), the black will be my horizontal 80 gal(20 bucks). I still need the fire box....made the first cut on the black tank today and will weld the hinges tomorrow. Oh and the wife let me buy a welder today....she is the best.

I will keep this updated as I move forward.

tanks.jpg

>>John

Should be interesting, can't wait to see the progress as you build.

Love a new build, keep us in the loop:clap2:

It should be fun...never welded before, so my new arch welder and I hopefully won't do too much damage....

Here is the concept for the smoker I put together....lets home my execution can match my vision...

grilldes2.gif

Dude, I'm stoked to watch this thread. I've got a 35 gallon that I'm going to make into a grill, but due to my lack of a welder or welding skills has been a slow go. Hopefully you inspire me!

Matt

Welding skills....or lack there of are "@##$%#" me off. I will post some pics tomorrow hopefully. Working on the hinges and getting them on the tank.....ugggg.

Anxious to see this project complete. Looks like it'll be great when done.

Owning a welder does not make one a welder. Best of luck but welding is not something you
pick up in a weekend. I think you may have bitten off more than you bargain for.

Owning a welder does not make one a welder. Best of luck but welding is not something you
pick up in a weekend. I think you may have bitten off more than you bargain for.

Never called my self a welder....but I think I can pick up enough to build a smoker.... not a car or a building or an oil rig. I apologize in advance if the welders are going to come out of the wood works offended that someone is trying to "pick up" their craft.

Thanks for the input,

John(the welder)...now I did...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well making some progress and a bit behind on the post.

Here is cutting of the legs off the horizontal chamber...and the first cut....and my ugly mug. Up next the hinges, welding the door seals on after each door cut to try and keep the door from loosing shape.

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03760.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

I will have more next time!!

Back