Teaching my Daughter how to cook on our new Kamado Joe Jr.

nucornhusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
One of the big reasons I wanted to get a Jr was to teach my kids how to cook on it. I have Weber Smokey Joe's that would work, but the kids like to do thing the way I do them, so a Joe is the only answer. The BigJoe would be a little too much for them, so we got a Jr to use for small cooks, travel and for the kids to use. My daughter was so excited to have one she wanted to cook with it that night. But we waited a few days until we were all together on a Sunday to cook on it. She did the whole process with just my supervision. The only thing my hands touched was the lighter to start the Jr.

She couldn't wait.

Lighting the Jr.

Forming and seasoning the patties

In the Jr. and closing it to cook.

Burping the lid and lipping the patties.

Done and ready to eat.

The ever important test and results.

They were great. She nailed them on her first cook (with a little guidance of course:wink:). And she was so excited when she read the manual and saw we could bake in the Jr (which I do on the other Joe's) we decided to do some cookies for dessert. She loved them.

Great cook, great day and great lesson. This will become a common practice here I'm sure.

That is awesome! She makes a better burger than I do!!!!

I can't wait for my turn to do this with my son!

Already a confirmed Husker! Closest I ever got to being a Husker was staying at the Cornhusker in downtown Lincoln. :lol:

Lovely family!

Great father / daughter time - I can tell you first hand that they go by fast! Keep making memories.

But I have to be honest I still have a hard time with all you guys letting your women folk around your grills / smokers. It is getting to where a man has no place to call his own. :p

I have to say, I have a kamado and have on many different occasions thought about buying a mini but never have because I can't see how I would use it over my other cookers. Now, you have given me the great idea of getting my kids involved with their own cookers! I love it and I can't wait to try this out. Thanks!

Very nice! Great way to start teaching your daughter early. Days like that will stay with her forever.

Nice job Dad.

Back