My first Chicken Box (practice)

akoda

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I ran a practice cook this weekend and made a couple of boxes. My ribs were scarred because we made the mistake of turning them over to try and get a better cut. I am having difficulty cutting them cleanly.

We did do a chicken box and would like comments, good or bad.

IMG_0465%255B1%255D.JPG

Thanks

Try to smooth out the skin, really nice color. Get the trimming more uniform and the skins smoother and you will be in good shape. Also need to get them all to fit nicely i the box which is back to trimming. Once you do that clean the box up with a wet cloth and fill in with parsley to make it look real nice.

Thanks, we did the chicken skin this time by taking it off completely and I think it made it worse for us. I need to get in the habit of tightening it some while it is on the smoker/grill. I also need to work on the gloppy some, I don't think I am letting the chicken stay on the smoker long enough to let the sauce set. The tenderness wasn't as good as it normally is on mine so more time would have helped in a couple of places

Try to smooth out the skin, really nice color. Get the trimming more uniform and the skins smoother and you will be in good shape. Also need to get them all to fit nicely i the box which is back to trimming. Once you do that clean the box up with a wet cloth and fill in with parsley to make it look real nice.

Back