• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SmACk TaWK Sams Club Brackets & Power Polls

goodbuddiesbbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey all,

I want to say thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com for coming up with this great idea!

Chris & I have decided to start a Sams BBQ Madness Tournament where I...the Mel Kiper Jr. of BBQ, the BBQ Swami from another Mommy seed out each location in each region and we have a FANTASY BBQ PICK'EM.

We can't accept money, as that would be illegal, so maybe we could get a few very nice people who are involved with this website to fund a prize pool.

Here is how it would work:

I will seed out all 30 teams for each location. The #1 seed (percieved strongest team) is worth 1 point, #2 seed worth 2 points...all the way down to the #30 seed (dark horse, long shot, rainmaker, hail mary, cold day in hell team) worth 30 points. Obviously, a former World Champion would be seeded higher than a team competing in their first event. However, if you get a long shot to pay off...you could dominate. Pick yourself and cook your butt off and who knows.

You would get 10 picks per location (20 locations total...I think) and whomever has the most points wins a prize. If you want to participate, but aren't sure who to pick...just follow my picks straight down the line. 98.4% of the time I'm right.

After the regionals have been decided...we will reseed the teams and you all have a clean slate. Just so everybody can stay in this...after the local events are done and we have our winner. We will fire it back up again and do the same thing with the Five Regional Finals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points double.

After that we will take it down to the Nationals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points triple.

The payouts are as follows:
Win the local portion (highest score for local events only): wins a prize
Win the Regional portion (highest score for regionals only): wins a prize
Win the Nationals portion (highest score for nationals only): wins a prize
Have the highest total points combined through all 3 stages: wins a prize

You have to be involved in each of the 3 rounds to be eligible for the final prize.

Is there an interest? Anybody feeling Charitable out there?

Last edited:
Region 4 - Woodbury, MN

First, I want to say...thanks for the 1000's of emails and hundreds of PM's that you all have sent in the last 24 hours. The flowers were a very nice touch from you know who you are??? My research team appreciates your kind words...but we must stay focused...stay the course.

It is with 94.1% accuracy that I report the Woodbury, MN results in Region 4. There are some big hitters in this one...and some decent teams with some upside lurking and itching for their shot at knocking off one of the big dogs of BBQ.

Here we go:

1. Pork Pullin Plowboys (he picked a good location and executes)
2. TippyCanoe BBQ Crew
3. Bringin The Heat
4. Parrothead Smokers
5. Phat Jacks BBQ
6. Spitfire
7. Shiggin & Grinnin
8. TRUEBUD BBQ
9. Raccoon Flats
10. bavarian bbq boys
11. Freeman Brothers BBQ
12. Prairie Oak Smokers
13. Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ
14. C R BUTTS SMOKE
15. Twolittlepigsbbq.com
16. Fire Fightin Cookin Crew
17. Double D
18. Myassis Smolkin
19. Pork County Barbeque
20. SmokinPelletheads
21. Z's Smokin Bones
22. TheBBQshow.com
23. Scotty D's built for BBQ
24. Quetopia
25. DanD BBQ
26. Full Frontal BBQ
27. Que'navores
28. Wee Willy's BBQ
29. Half Baked BBQ Crew
30. Smokin' Moose BBQ Team

I want to say thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com for coming up with this great idea!

No Money will exchange hands

I am in!

Gambling for charity is a wonderful idea.

This has to be FREE to play (Bob Brisket) thanks for the heads up. Our initial idea would be to donate to charity...but we can't accept money.

One of the many fine folks on this site that want to step up and give a gift certificate or a free something for the cause, here are some great ideas.

A Gift Certificate to your site
$ Off to your cooking class
Free Sauce or Rubs or Injections
Instructional Videos
Free Entry to one of your events

Just some ideas...now make it rain!

This has to be FREE to play (Bob Brisket) thanks for the heads up. Our initial idea would be to donate to charity...but we can't accept money.

One of the many fine folks on this site that want to step up and give a gift certificate or a free something for the cause, here are some great ideas.

Instructional Videos

Sit tight. Pm sent.

Region 1 - Gilbert, AZ (30 Teams)

Region 1: Gilbert, AZ

The BBQ community has all eyes on this contest. You've got the best from the west vs. Iowa Smokey D's. Never has a man had to carry such a heavy load out west then in this epic battle.

"If it wasn't for the west...bbq cooks wouldn't have to wear a vest around their chest"

Bigmista...I had dinner with you and Jimmy, Phil, Chad, Mike, Bill & Ted at the Royal. With that being said...here we go! The west has the judges trained to eat the sweet meat, but Smokey D's pulls in a RGC.

Play of the day: Smokey D's flys out on his G6 seven minutes after awards.
1. Rhythm 'n QUE
2. Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
3. left coast q
4. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
5. mcfrankenboo bbq
6. Bigmista's Barbecue
7. BBQThom.com
8. Smoked To The Bone
9. BBQ Castaways (unknown team to make some noise)
10. Little Miss BBQ
11. Whiskey Ranch
12. four q
13. SIN CITY SMOKERS
14. Loot N' Booty BBQ
15. Route 66 Catering Crew
16. Porketeers
17. Toys 4 BBQ'N
18. IAB 30 BBQ
19. Big Fire
20. Steel City BBQ
21. Keggers
22. Ranch13BBQ
23. TOTALLY QUE-LESS BBQ TEAM
24. Swimmin In smoke
25. Fahrenheit 251
26. Smokin' up the River
27. ARIZONA KID
28. Rub-A-Dubb Butts
29. Old Man and the Pig
30. SodBusters BBQ

No death threats...my voicemail is actually full

Thanks to Chris from IQue www.iquebarbecue.com / Great Lakes BBQ Supply www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com & BBQ Mag Online www.bbqmagonline.com for coming up with this great idea!

Instructional Videos

I could donate some product or seat discounts, etc... let me know what you guys work out...

Sit tight. Pm sent.

Let me know what I can do .... looks like a fun bracket - keep the summer interesting!:thumb:

Back