• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber 22.5 Smoker

iceman72475

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Weber Mountain Smoker 22.5. I hope it is as awesome as everyone says it is. I do have a couple of questions for those of you that have them. My first question is does it come with 2 cooking racks or just one and then I will need to buy the 2nd? My 2nd question is about the door. I thought I read some where that the newer models had a better fitting door. Is that true? If not where can I order a better one?
I started a thread a few weeks ago try to decide on the Weber or a Horizon. I couldnt figure out how to thank or reply to all the helpful comments so if you posted on that thread thank you.

Congrats on the new WSM, it is a great cooker and you will love it!
1 - It comes with 2 cooking racks.
2 - I tweaked my stock Weber door and got it to seal up pretty good.
Cajun Bandit, http://cajunbandit.com sells after market WSM doors.

Bob

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Weber Mountain Smoker 22.5. I hope it is as awesome as everyone says it is

It is. You'll love it
BobM; said:
2 - I tweaked my stock Weber door and got it to seal up pretty good.

Bob

Me too. I get nearly zero leakage from the door and even when I did, who cares it doesn't affect performance.

If you take your time, you should be able to shape the door to a little better fit. I think they get flattened a little in shipping.

I'll be doing the Buffalo Run comp March 15 so stop by and I'll be glad to show you our set up.

Thanks Bob and Freddy I am really looking forward to getting this smoker. I ordered it from Walmart and it will take 2 weeks to get it in. Cayman I am going to hold you to that, lol. I didn't even know they had a bbq competition at the bike run. I honestly have never even went to it.

Back