First time Buffalo wings

Hunterman95

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was getting amped up to watch the Patriots have their way with the Ravens today, so I decided I needed some good tailgating food. Buffalo wings seemed to fit the bill. Only problem was, I've never done wings before. Brethren to the rescue. After a quick search, I found enough info here to get started. I brushed them with EVOO, then sprinkled with Cajun seasoning.
Onto the Weber.....
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTIyLTAwNDUwLmpwZw.jpg

I got some conflicting info on wether to do them direct or indirect. I was going to go with indirect, then crisp them at the end using direct. But I found I had more wings than I had indirect space, so I put some on direct. They finished sooner than the indirect ones (as expected). They were so good, I moved the rest to direct heat for the remainder of the cook.
I tossed some in a teriyaki glaze (5tbs teriyaki, 3tbs brown sugar, 2tbs melted butter). For the hot wings, I did 1/2c. butter, 1/2c. sriracha, 2tbs brown sugar, and a pinch of cheyenne. When the wings hit 165* IT, I tossed them in the glaze, then threw them back on direct. The butter in the glaze caused my fire to flare up, so I didn't leave them on for long. I just tossed them around in the flame for a few seconds, then took them off. I think they were the best wings I've ever had! These pictures aren't the best, but I had to hurry up and take the shot before the hungry hoards descended on them!
The teriyaki wings....
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTIyLTAwNDUyLmpwZw.jpg

the hot wings....
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTIyLTAwNDUxLmpwZw.jpg

Looks like they turned out pretty good............... we did a big batch up to start the games also .............. its what ever you want to mix up or season

Back