The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Funkmasta Vinny Production (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79389)

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 08:26 PM

A Funkmasta Vinny Production

Popdaddy has decreed that in addition to the existing band members Funkmasta South (Aka - Pitmasta T) and Funkmasta West (Neil - Bigmista) the new Funkmasta East has been knighted - Mr. Vinny.

In honor of that. The first joint, in an effort to place Texas back on the pile after everyone seeing that awful texas BBQ video.. here it is..

It also serves as a booster shot for that awful virus known as "lets make a black coal brisket and chop it into hamburger" Video.

Here it is

The Cut

http://www.youtube.com/user/Popdaddy.../0/wHxH0iUfjMw

where's that "N" when u need it?

landarc 02-28-2010 08:34 PM

That tip on pushing the round tipped blade alone was worth watching the video, I tried and failed to explain how to separate the point, I will remember this tip. Thanks Funk.

Philly-QueMaster 02-28-2010 08:37 PM

Nice Video. Now I want to make me a brisket. Haven't tried one yet, as soon as the weather clears and the snow's gone its on.

Patrick

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1199740)
That tip on pushing the round tipped blade alone was worth watching the video, I tried and failed to explain how to separate the point, I will remember this tip. Thanks Funk.

Yeah lets see if I can relay what Popdaddy says but nicer.

Imagine your in your stretch delorean with some Smokey on and your with someone's hot young but legal daughter. Simply poke around till you feel that wet spot and find that greasy warm area between the meet of the two sections. Now you may be old to hold the knife but you always got the butta for her muffin. Slide that tip in there and it will naturally follow the fat all the way through. Then I like to use the back edge to cut out, then flip the back edge to cut in... the back dull edge cuts fat but not meat. Then flip it right inside to cut through the butt end of the brisket. When you spread the meat like a couple of curtains, all those juices flow out.

qman 02-28-2010 08:41 PM

Too cool-er, funky- ya'll funkmastas.
just too cool.

Saiko 02-28-2010 08:47 PM

I like the idea of using flip side of the knife to separate the point and flat. I usually start with the blade, then use my hand to kind of pull them apart. I like your method better and will give it a shot.

By the way, wasn't I taken to task by you for separating the point and flat instead of slicing everything together? Sure looks like what you call "Unbooking". :biggrin:

Awesome video as usual, I love watching them!

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saiko (Post 1199758)
I like the idea of using flip side of the knife to separate the point and flat. I usually start with the blade, then use my hand to kind of pull them apart. I like your method better and will give it a shot.

By the way, wasn't I taken to task by you for separating the point and flat instead of slicing everything together? Sure looks like what you call "Unbooking". :biggrin:

Awesome video as usual, I love watching them!

Yes but my briskets are done. WE were going from a 18 year history of macerated brisket to a concept where we asked the customer lean or juicy? What you see there is a pretrim and separation for quick chops later.

I love it sliced right through. I like that strategy too because it cuts down on trimming and people can pick at a huge chunk of meat.

landarc 02-28-2010 09:04 PM

For myself, I usually do not 'unbook' but, I was helping at a comp and you can't really turn in sliced point. I also will 'unbook' to get 'burnt ends'.

MilitantSquatter 02-28-2010 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm honored Funk... Popdaddy sent me a new avatar for this occasion.. Didn't think the bagphone had wireless internet hookup but who am I to question ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 1199747)
Yeah lets see if I can relay what Popdaddy says but nicer.

Imagine your in your stretch delorean with some Smokey on and your with someone's hot young but legal daughter.

Yeah... imagine your in one of these at the local sorority house.

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter (Post 1199794)
Yeah... imagine your in one of these at the local sorority house.

Dude I never get to go anywhere with Popdaddy. I can only hear him on the bagphone. Damn that thing NEVER needs recharging either and he's always able to call me.

bigabyte 02-28-2010 09:08 PM

Good vid as always Donnie!:cool:

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 1199805)
Good vid as always Donnie!:cool:

All my titles are funked up though and I ain't about to fix them.

bigabyte 02-28-2010 09:14 PM

I didn't mind any, but you know me!:lol:

barbefunkoramaque 02-28-2010 09:14 PM

That and the several health code violations. Loving the ring on marks finger as if not using gloves was bad enough. Seeing my fingers slopping round in grease has got to make someone nauseous.

sdb25 03-01-2010 01:10 AM

Just keep those parting those meaty curtains, so we can watch those juices flow. And "putting the rounded end in"... words to live by.