The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hot RIBS - ǝɔuǝıɹǝdxǝ ǝʇɐɯıʇln ǝɥʇ - RIBS Fast (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73990)

barbefunkoramaque 12-10-2009 02:07 AM

Hot RIBS - ǝɔuǝıɹǝdxǝ ǝʇɐɯıʇln ǝɥʇ - RIBS Fast

The OFFICIAL Weep ‘Em and Read Ribs Video

˙ɹoʌɐlɟɟo sʇol ɥʇıʍɹʎɔınɾʎʞɹɐq pooƃɐɹoɟǝʞɐɯ puɐ sqıɹǝɥʇɟɟo ɥsıuıɟʎlʇuǝƃ 'uı ʞɔɐq ǝɔınɾʇɐɥʇʍɐɹp llıʍƃuılooɔ lɐnpɐɹƃɥʇ ˙ǝɯıʇɐɹoɟʇıd ǝɥʇɟo ʇno puɐƃʇʇǝƃɹıɐǝɥʇ llɐɟɟo ƃʇʇnɥs ʎq ʇuǝɯuoɹıʌuǝʎǝʞoɯs ʇɐɥʇ uı sqıɹǝsoɥʇ dɐɹʇ oʇƃuıoƃǝɹɐǝʍǝsnɐɔǝq sı ʎɥʍ uosɐǝɹǝɥʇ ˙lɐıɹǝʇɐɯ pǝuɹnqun ou puɐ slɐoɔʎlʇsoɯǝɹıɟɹno ǝɹns ǝq oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍƃuıdǝǝʍʎllnɟ sqıɹǝɥʇǝʌɐɥǝʍǝɯıʇǝɥʇǝɹoɟǝq ʇɥƃıɹ ˙…os ˙ǝɯıʇǝɔǝɹd ɐʇɐʞɔɐq uʍɐɹp sı ʎǝuoɥƃıd ǝɥʇǝɹns ǝʞɐɯ oʇ pǝǝu oslɐǝʍ ˙ʇǝƃ uɐɔǝʍ sɐɥɔnɯ sɐǝʌɹǝsǝɹd oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍ os lıoɟƃuıddɐɹʍʇou ǝɹɐǝʍ sɐʎǝuoɥʇɐɥʇǝsol oʇʇuɐʍʇ’uop ǝʍ
˙ʇno ʎǝuoɥƃıd ɹıǝɥʇ dǝǝʍ oʇƃǝq ʎǝɥʇʇuıod ʇɐɥʇʇıɥ sqıɹ uǝɥʍ ˙033 uɐɥʇɹǝɥƃıɥ ou puɐ 062 ǝʌoqɐɟo dɯǝʇǝsnoɥɐ s’ʇı ǝsɐɔʎɯ uı os 'uɐɔ noʎ sɐʎlʇuǝıɔıɟɟǝ puɐʇsɐɟ sɐ sǝǝɹƃǝp 071 oʇ dɯǝʇɹɹnoʎ dn ƃƃɹq sǝɹınbǝɹ ssǝɔoɹd sıɥʇ ˙ssǝɔoɹd ʞɔınb ǝɥʇʇuǝɯıldɯoɔ puɐʇuǝɯƃnɐ oʇ pǝʞɐǝʍʇ uǝǝq sɐɥ qnɹǝɥʇ ˙ǝɔǝɹd ǝq ʇou ʎɐɯ sƃɥʇ os ǝuo ǝƃɹɐl ɹǝɥʇɐɹɐ 'ɹǝʞoɯs pooʍ llɐ uɐɹoɟ pǝɯıʇdo sı sıɥʇ
˙noʎɥʇıʍǝnbıuɥɔǝʇɥʇǝɹɐɥs uɐɔ ı ʇɐɥʇʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐʇsǝɥƃıɥɥɯoɹɟʇı ǝʌɐɥ ı os ˙ɐʇsıs ’oʎɹo ɐɯɯɐɯ ’oʎʎlqɐqoɹd sı uʍoʇ oʇǝɯoɔǝɥ uǝɥʍ uo zʇıɹds ɐuuoƃǝɥƃɥʇʎluo ǝɥʇ puɐǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐʞɔǝɥɔ 'doɯ 'sƃuɐɥʇ dɐɹʍ oʇǝɯıʇ ou ʇoƃʇ’uıɐʎppɐpdod ˙uʍoʇ oʇ uʍoʇ lǝʌɐɹʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ pɐoɹǝɥʇ uo spɹɐzɐɥǝʌɐɥ uɐɔǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐ uoıʇɔnpǝs ɟo uɐʇlns ǝɥʇƃǝq

˙ʎppɐpdod sı sıɥʇ
˙sı ʇı ǝɹǝɥ os puɐ sqıɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥʇnoqɐʞʍɐnbs ǝɯ uǝǝs ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
˙ʞunɟǝɥʇʇnoqɐʞlɐʇ uɐɔǝʍʍou puɐ llɐɥǝɥʇ pǝʇıxǝǝʌɐɥ ssǝlʞunɟ uǝɹɥʇǝɹq ɹno uoıʇɔnpoɹʇǝɥʇɥʇıʍʇɐɥʇʞɥʇ ı llǝʍ

¡uʍoɹq sǝɯɐɾǝuo ɹǝqɯnu ɐɥʇnɹq lnos puɐ plɹoʍǝɥʇɟo ɹǝpuoʍɥʇ8 ǝɥʇ 'lnos ɟo ɹǝɥʇɐɟ poƃǝɥʇ 'ǝʇıɯɐuʎp ˙ɹɯ 'ssǝupıq ʍoɥs uı uɐɯ ’uıʞɹoʍʇsǝpɹɐɥǝɥʇ 'ʇuǝɯɐʇɹǝʇuǝ ˙ɹɯ 'ʇuǝɯǝʇıɔxǝ ˙ɹɯ 'sı ǝɥǝɹǝɥ 'uǝɯǝlʇuǝƃ puɐ sǝıpɐl

poɥʇǝɯɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥ - pɐǝɹ puɐɯǝ‘ dǝǝʍʎppɐpdod

barbefunkoramaque 12-10-2009 02:12 AM

Attachment 34676
Popdaddy Weep ‘Em and Read - Hot and Fast Rib Method

Ladies and Gentlemen, here he is, Mr. Excitement, Mr. Entertainment, The Hardest Workin’ Man in Show Bidness, Mr. Dynamite, The God Father of Soul, The 8th Wonder of the World and Soul Brutha Number One –

Attachment 34677
James Brown!

Well I think that with the Introduction Our Brethren Funkless have Exited the Hall and Now we Can Talk about the Funk.

You have seen me squawk about Hot and Fast Ribs and So here it is.
Attachment 34678
This is Popdaddy.

Being the Sultan of Seduction all the time can have hazards on the road when you travel town to town. Popdaddy ain’t got no time to wrap thangs, mop, check all the time and the only thing he is gonna spritz on when he come to town is probably yo’ mamma or yo’ sista. So I have it from his Highest Authority that I can share this technique with you.

This is optimized for an all wood smoker, a rather large one so things may not be precise. The Rub has been tweaked to augment and compliment the quick process. This process requires bringing up your rib temp to 170 degrees as fast and efficiently as you can, so in my case it’s a house temp of above 260 and no higher than 330. When Ribs hit that point they begin to weep their pig honey out.

We don’t want to lose that honey as we are not wrapping in foil so we need to preserve as much as we can get. We also need to make sure the pig honey is drawn back in at a precise time. So…. Right BEFORE the time we have the ribs fully weeping we need to be sure our fire is mostly coals and no unburned material. The reason why is because we are going to trap those ribs in that Smokey environment by shutting off all the air getting in AND out of the pit for a time. This gradual cooling will draw that juice back in, gently finish off the ribs and make for a good barky juicy rib with lots of flavor.

There are some things we don’t want to do. We do not want to trim the sinew. Sure you can once you try it with it on first, but for now leave it on. At these temps the moisture loss is bigger than the flavor loss. In fact, I really don’t see any flavor loss with the sinew off in this case. In the 3 – 2 – 1 method I do.

We don’t want to do a lot of peeking. We can flip though if we want. But no mopping or spritzing – it lowers the temp of the ribs on their quick rise to the weep stage.

Now in the weeping method we benefit from limited exposure from smoke. These ribs tend to be smoked to a point where your rub and the smoke compliments the meat instead of shadowing it. Basically, foiling reduces the exposure to the smoke and limits drying. But in high temp smoking we smoke so fast nothing gets a chance to dry out – if you’re careful.

The rub is special too. I am using my Popdaddy’s Butt Glitter (which is a low salt ratio Rubb) along with a final Sprinkle of Atomic Dog to raise the Salt level Up and create a great Bark. I have good luck with using the Hit Me Fred too but a thin coating of your favorite flavored mustard will do. THIN! Trying this method with other rubs (especially High Salt ones) can end in failure and disillusionment. Also, letting the ribs sit overnight is not good.

Join the BBQ Brethren Now!!!!!! Insanity loves Company.

Mo-Dave 12-10-2009 02:49 AM

Sounds about right.
Dave

swamprb 12-10-2009 03:04 AM

Mr. Please Please himself, the star of the show......

Rick's Tropical Delight 12-10-2009 06:05 AM

nice accent! go pig honey! :biggrin:

Gore 12-10-2009 07:58 AM

Is it safe turn turn my monitor back over?

BBQ Bandit 12-10-2009 08:10 AM

A word of humble thanx... from the coachroach row.

Crüe-B-Cüe 12-10-2009 08:40 AM

The award for best Tony Montana impersonation by a Brethren goes to..."Pitmaster T".

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

Desert Dweller 12-10-2009 08:44 AM

Good information if ya turn the speakers off...

chambersuac 12-10-2009 09:26 AM

Thanks. I'm off to find my Popdaddy decoder ring...

big brother smoke 12-10-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller (Post 1108266)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GreasePig 12-10-2009 09:48 AM

I'm gonna have to try that! Awesome as always Donnie!

Sledneck 12-10-2009 10:23 AM

¿ɹǝʇʇɐɯ ʇı sǝop ¿ʞɔɐq ʎqɐq ɹo sǝɹɐds

millsy 12-10-2009 10:29 AM

Funk,you know we all love a few of the butt shots mixed in.I like the way the boy gives it to Tony,priceless.

barbefunkoramaque 12-10-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller (Post 1108266)

That's one person who does not like Buddy Guy. That means you don't like Jimmy Hendricks. I came within a Sniggion of tossing in Led Zeppelin's Version of This Song.

Who doesn't like Buddy Guy?