Tagine - Morocco meets Missouri

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
RiverCityRoundup032.jpg

I broke down and got a Le Creuset Tagine. Has been on my high end cookware hit list for a long time. I love Le Creuset and the whole North African/Moroccan style of cooking. To kick it off right, I did my own Moroccan lamb Tagine with a Midwest American spin.

I started traditional with Lamb, onion, fennel, sweet paprika, coriander, and Tandoori seasoning. Then I spun it with some traditional American stew elements: carrots, turnips, acorn squash, and potato. It was superb.

RiverCityRoundup042.jpg

I bet them arizona folk would be interested in that. And that'd make a nice appetizer for the Friday night thang they have--say in November...

Now that looks mighty tasty,, My mouth started watering when I saw the food...Is it just the style of cooking? or the type of cookware? Never saw or heard of it...

Now that looks mighty tasty,, My mouth started watering when I saw the food...Is it just the style of cooking? or the type of cookware? Never saw or heard of it...

It is both the name of the cookware and the style of dish.

That looks awsome. I bought the large round Dutch Oven from Le Creuset 3 years ago. Its one of my favorite things to cook with in the cold months.

Dan

I've seen those on TV a couple of times.

How do they work?
Can you really tell a differnce in the food?

Interesting.

TIM

A buddy of mine who was a cameraman in Morocco working on the original Star Wars movie told me that the cup on top of the tagine cone is supposed to be filled with water. When all the water has evaporated out of it, the dish is ready to eat. YMMV.

seattlepitboss

Back