The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Disposable Cutting Boards (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163185)

$billBBQ 06-12-2013 04:39 PM

New Disposable Cutting Boards

Just came across these, they look super cool anyone tried them yet????

Thanks -Bill

Slamdunkpro 06-12-2013 04:55 PM

Looks like roll polystyrene, if that roll is 10 or 15 mil and 100 feet it probably weights 40 lbs. Interesting idea though.

Stark-O-Rama 06-12-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro (Post 2513646)
Looks like roll polystyrene, if that roll is 10 or 15 mil and 100 feet it probably weights 40 lbs. Interesting idea though.

19.2 lbs.

G$ 06-12-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama (Post 2513740)
19.2 lbs.

How much does that 19.2 pounds cost me?

I can see some real nice benefits to having my disposable cutting board take up the same foot print as my alluminum foil.

cpw 06-12-2013 07:20 PM

There was a thread here yesterday where someone was selling those. Looks like a good idea!

NickyG 06-12-2013 07:23 PM

Yeah, I tried to find it but it's gone! :confused: Curious about the cost.

sdbbq1234 06-12-2013 07:37 PM

Hhmmmmm. This just in: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/TwistedB...stedBrisketBBQ

wallace

Icekub 06-12-2013 08:26 PM

Barbie could use a little help on her knife work. I'll be the one to sacrifice and help her out :wink: :biggrin1:

motoeric 06-12-2013 09:21 PM

It's $99 plus shipping. They are 20" by 24". I believe (but I'm not sure) that there are 100 per roll.

We will be reviewing them in issue 13 of Smoke Signals.

Eric

Stark-O-Rama 06-12-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 2513914)
It's $99 plus shipping. They are 20" by 24". I believe (but I'm not sure) that there are 100 per roll.

We will be reviewing them in issue 13 of Smoke Signals.

Eric

YES - 100 per Roll. Right now for All Brethren there's free shipping!

kenthanson 06-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama (Post 2513976)

Even for brethren from Canada?:clap2:

Stark-O-Rama 06-12-2013 10:56 PM

Ummmmmm.....mmmm.....Let me see if that's possible. If we don't lose too much on it, definitely :heh:

roksmith 06-13-2013 05:33 AM

I'm trying something like that myself this weekend. We didn't get our disposable cutting boards ordered for Lexington, so I cut 4 homemade cutting boards out of some styrene sign material I had laying around. Tested it quick last night.. knife barely made a scratch.

Smokin Hoggz 06-13-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama (Post 2513976)

How do I order them???

deguerre 06-13-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw (Post 2513784)
There was a thread here yesterday where someone was selling those. Looks like a good idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickyG (Post 2513788)

Yep. I tried looking in Q-Talk, Comp and General For Sale yesterday and couldn't find it either.

SCSmoke 06-13-2013 06:16 AM

I would be concerned about them laying flat, especially near the end of the roll. Any issues with that?

chickenchoker 06-13-2013 06:45 AM

need a linky for ordering

Ron_L 06-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw (Post 2513784)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickyG (Post 2513788)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2514148)
Yep. I tried looking in Q-Talk, Comp and General For Sale yesterday and couldn't find it either.

Mod Note:

The earlier thread advertising these mats was posted in violation of our rules and has been removed. The Admin and Mod team has given Stark-o-Rama permission for a one time post in General For Sale for his product. Watch for that post soon.

For those who haven't looked at our rules, this may be a good time to review them :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14685

If you have any questions about our rules please contact a moderator.

nthole 06-13-2013 08:06 AM

ok, am i the only one wondering... if a knife doesn't cut through it which makes it a good cutting board... then how do you cut them off the roll!!!

I haven't watched the video yet though :becky:.

deguerre 06-13-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2514223)
Mod Note:

The earlier thread advertising these mats was posted in violation of our rules and has been removed. The Admin and Mod team has given Stark-o-Rama permission for a one time post in General For Sale for his product. Watch for that post soon.

For those who haven't looked at our rules, this may be a good time to review them :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14685

If you have any questions about our rules please contact a moderator.

Yah. I figured that one out, thought it was gonna get moved instead though. You guys keep on rockin'!

Arlin_MacRae 06-13-2013 08:12 AM

To piggyback on Ron's comment, we are always watching for members who's sole purpose of joining the Brethren is to make money. It's not what we're about and it's not fair to those who've purchased a Vendor Forum if we let everyone pimp their wares when and where they feel like it.
Here are the specific rules Ron referenced:
  • Direct sales pitches by non members, commercial businesses or business owners are prohibited without a vendor subscription or banner ad. We do not want guests to come in here for the primary or specific purpose of advertising. Occasional display of your own products are limited to the general For Sale forum. If you have a product, let OTHERS speak for it in Qtalk or Comp.
  • Members may post non commercial items in General for Sale.... Your own items such as pits, trailers equipments, etc..
  • An occasional Non BBQ item is ok if you want to sell your lawn mower or kids bicycle. Dont make it habit.
  • Product owners may OCCASIONALLY post an item, a special or a sale. However, to be fair to members who have vendor forums, if you post more than the occasional item in general for sale, you will asked to refrain, or purchase a vendor subscription for your own forum or begin banner advertising.
  • Product owners may NOT hawk their product in Qtalk. product names in thread titles or photos in threads is considered product placment and not allowed. Soliciting the general membership to hawk product for you is also dirty pool. If your product is that good, let it speak for itself, and let the membership speak for you of their own accord.

Stark-O-Rama 06-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Hoggz (Post 2514124)
How do I order them???

Email me at [email protected] with your address, and I'll send you an invoice via PayPal. Once you pay it, we'll ship it same day UPS ground. If you want to expedite it, just pay the difference. The first 50 Brethren to order, get free shipping.

Stark-O-Rama 06-13-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthole (Post 2514230)
ok, am i the only one wondering... if a knife doesn't cut through it which makes it a good cutting board... then how do you cut them off the roll!!!

The rolls are perforated, and tear off easily. If you intentionally try to cut through it, you will. If you however use it like a normal cutting board, you won't :caked:

CBQ 06-13-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Hoggz (Post 2514124)
How do I order them???

There is an email address at the end of the video, but I think Twisted Brisket needs a web site with secure online ordering. It's not hard or expensive to set up a simple site (maybe $5 a month), and PayPal will let you take credit cards without having to set up a merchant account (expect to pay ~2.5% for a credit card payment).

Here is one option, doesn't require any web knowledge:

http://www.1and1.com/ecommerce-websi...ce&stage=eshop

motoeric 06-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthole (Post 2514230)

They are perforated.

Eric

Stark-O-Rama 06-13-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBQ (Post 2514361)
There is an email address at the end of the video, but I think Twisted Brisket needs a web site with secure online ordering. It's not hard or expensive to set up a simple site (maybe $5 a month), and PayPal will let you take credit cards without having to set up a merchant account (expect to pay ~2.5% for a credit card payment).

Here is one option, doesn't require any web knowledge:

http://www.1and1.com/ecommerce-websi...ce&stage=eshop

Thanks for the advice - working on the website now, great site!

ViciousGame 06-13-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama (Post 2514316)
Email me at [email protected] with your address, and I'll send you an invoice via PayPal. Once you pay it, we'll ship it same day UPS ground. If you want to expedite it, just pay the difference. The first 50 Brethren to order, get free shipping.

Will you be in Fillmore? Can we come check them out there?

Steve

Stark-O-Rama 06-13-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViciousGame (Post 2514452)
Will you be in Fillmore? Can we come check them out there?

Steve

We won't, we'll be @ Pechanga next weekend. I'll give a sample to anyone that comes to our Twisted Brisket Tent.

Arlin_MacRae 06-13-2013 01:55 PM

Folks, for further information on this product, please go here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=163213

Arlin