Rock'n Blues & BBQ ~ Golden City, MO 10/8-10/9

S

Sertoma Jim

Make plans NOW for competing, attending, and volunteering at the 4th Annual Golden City, MO Rock'n Blues & BBQ KCBS State Championship BBQ contest on 10/8 & 10/9.

This is a great event run by Michelle Higgins, one of the best KCBS Organizers!!

See the website for all the details and entry forms: www.GCBBQ.com

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001388840445

Hope to see you all there.

We are trying to decide if we can make it this weekend. Any other Brethren attending or know of anyone who is attending?

Matt

I am just hearing about this one in the last week or so. I believe it fell off my 150 mile radar when looking at comps. I do understand it is a good event.

This Weekend

Just talked to Michelle. She is shooting for 40-45 teams. Off the top of her head were these teams... Big Creek, Caveman, Butcher, Little Pig Town, Hog Tide, Hogzilla, and lots of others you would know. :becky:

She has room for more... call her ASAP if you want in. 417-682-1568

Michelle is THE BEST organizer! And the weather is looking awesome!

See you all in Golden City!!

Last edited by a moderator:
She talked me into it Saturday at the Royal. See you all there! I doubt I'll be there before 5 or 6 pm though.

H*QUE will be in attendance. It's long drive from STL - but I've heard nothing but good things about this comp. Jay Potts from Oklahoma (Touch of Smoke) will be joining us to cook 2 categories. We're really excited to be there as we'll get to see some teams we don't usually compete against.

Ok we are officially in for this weekend! Wont be there til late Friday afternoon but cannot wait!

Yesterday afternoon, I emptied the Hobbi in preparation for maintenance and winterizing. My garage is full again. My next and last comp for the season is Holy Smokers, 10/29-10/30, in Fenton. You guys enjoy the comp this weekend! I have noted it for next season.

Yesterday afternoon, I emptied the Hobbi in preparation for maintenance and winterizing. My garage is full again. My next and last comp for the season is Holy Smokers, 10/29-10/30, in Fenton. You guys enjoy the comp this weekend! I have noted it for next season.

I hear ya - after this weekend, I'm looking at winterizing my setup and putting it up for the winter. I may do one work cook before that - but yeah - time to put the toys away ;)

I'm looking forward to cleaning up equipment and putting it away! Unfortunately, most of mine will probably be out til early December.

Weather is going to be perfect. Very well run competition and tough teams to beat there. It will be a fantastic weekend.

H*QUE really enjoyed this contest a lot! Well ran and a great venue. I think we'll put this on the list for next year. Talk about a lot of "A" game competitors!! WOW! The weather was awesome and enjoyed the event overall - Michelle did a great job!

Congrats to all the Brethren that walked - it was a TOUGH contest!

Back