The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mandalay Bay KCBS Contest (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8839)

icemn62 07-25-2004 03:34 PM

Too bad it is during the Holiday. Halloween is my Mother-In-Law's B-day, And it is still an important time for the kid. The Grand kid will only be about 3 months old, so he won't care. Wish I could go and at least see what the competition is all about. The gambling would not be bad either.

mook 07-25-2004 05:44 PM

Allright so it looks like this is gonna happen.

Horn and I can bring most of the gear. Any and all of the brothers would be welcome to help out. Mista and Big Mofo can travel together (yes I did just volunteer you both. iceman, you can hop in the car with those two and still be back in LA in time for the OL inlaws BD celebration.

Phil no sweat fly home saturday night, we will clean up behind you.

Mr.smoker, it would be great to have someone who's judged before on teh team.

David, DF, Parrot, John, and all the rest of y'all, come on out. it will be a lot warmer in Vegas then in most of your hometowns.

chad 07-25-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

David, DF, Parrot, John, and all the rest of y'all, come on out. it will be a lot warmer in Vegas then in most of your hometowns.
Thanks for the invite but can't make it this year!

Tim and I are competing Oct 1-2 and mid-November here in FL so $$$ and time are already obligated. Also, have a Labor Day cookoff/meeting/judging school going with FL BBQ Association. Busy, Busy, Busy!!

If, however, it works and we (THE BRETHREN) start getting a calendar together it would definatley be worth shooting for next year. Of course we, THE BRETHREN, may be looking at dates in KC or Memphis or Lynchburg, too!! :D

I could definately see us getting a "national" team together for the American Royal Open next year! :D

hornbri 07-28-2004 07:07 AM

WOW I have been working so much i have had no time to vist the board. Mook told me I better check out the thread.
I am excited.
Mook - we need to see if we can still get in. I heard once they were cutting off entries as soon as it got full. What was the entry on this one? I am in Ireland another 3 weeks so I will look to you to help work at the details.

Bigmofo300lbs 07-28-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Horn and I can bring most of the gear. Any and all of the brothers would be welcome to help out. Mista and Big Mofo can travel together (yes I did just volunteer you both.)...
Well, seeing as 10/31 is my b-day then I should be able to make this happen. How many teams are we having there? One? Multiple?

Bigmista 08-04-2004 12:18 PM

MrsMista just gave me the go ahead since I can't make the Midwest Bash. What are the costs going to be and when do we start preparing?

parrothead 08-04-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista
MrsMista just gave me the go ahead since I can't make the Midwest Bash. What are the costs going to be and when do we start preparing?

Send me a check for 2k for a down payment and we will go from there.

Bigmista 08-04-2004 12:44 PM

Ummmm...the check is in the mail?

badger 08-04-2004 12:47 PM

Greg,

I will be taking care of the books on this one... please only send cash to me. You all should have my address. :roll:

Bigmista 08-05-2004 12:06 PM

Seriously, has anyone checked to see if there is a spot available for this contest and how much it costs?

jminion 08-05-2004 02:25 PM

I believe entry fees are $400 and there is still room from the last I heard.

hornbri 08-05-2004 02:39 PM

Mook? you checked on this right?

Bigmista 08-05-2004 05:01 PM

I sent an email to arlie somebody with the KCBS. No response yet.

Bigmista 08-05-2004 05:09 PM

Just found this online...

http://www.bbqdan.com/events/heatin_...form_2004.html

Still searcing for more info...

jminion 08-05-2004 05:57 PM

Here is all the info on the permoter for this competition.

Arlie Bragg
[email protected]
Arlieque Inc.
PO Box 846
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
Office: 615-758-8749
Cell: 615-477-7447