Banning BBQ?

There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!

There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!

Well I have a good idea of what they can cook next. :spy:

Sombody just needs to check on waht the NIMBY is smokin!

Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

I don’t know how much stock I can put into that story from China. I mean get real – do they really think the smog problem over there is because of the little street BBQ. Last time I was over there I saw one plant that put out twice more smoke than all the plants in our industrial park.

Me thinks someone wants to put street vendors out of business.

Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

indeed.

Woah wait, they neighbors are new to the community and they are stopping the restaurant that's been there forever to change their business? It seems the one who had been there the longest would win that argument no doubt. That's crazy, hate to see a historical place like that have to change because of some idiot.

funny how they didn't have that smog around when they were grilling before.
now with all the cars and factories they blame grilling ? what a laugh.

What morons. Maybe if they'd get rid of their sweatshops instead

This has happened in the US also. There are areas in and around the Raleigh/Durham NC area that are no longer permitted to use wood for bbq. Several restaurants down there dont anymore, but used to. I seem to remember hearing New York had bans on charcoal in parts of the city also?

Crock pot and some liquid smoke and they will be fine.

Our news paper back home ran a big section on doing great barbecue at home, and the recipe provided was on how to do ribs in the crockpot and it had liquid smoke added to the barbecue sauce/liquid mixture it braised in. I still have the little recipe cut-out at home somewhere.

A lot of people wrote in on that one no doubt and come to find out the guy who wrote it was from France I believe. Go figure.

Back