The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   **Seeking Volunteers, Wannabees & Fanatics - NorCal (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128339)

SirPorkaLot 03-15-2012 01:41 PM

**Seeking Volunteers, Wannabees & Fanatics - NorCal

So here is the scoop.

I have a team: Sir Porkalot BBQ that has competed in backyard & KCBS events in the Southeast since 2009.

The "team" consists of myself and my teenage son, with a parade of others that have helped from time to time.

I am relocating to Northern, CA this summer, and while my son will be here, none of my other "help" will.

So I am seeking new pit bitoches :becky:

I have had a couple of bay area brethren express some interest, but in cases where they may not be available due to other commitments, I would still be left without the proper support.

I live in the Central Valley (Stockton, CA) area currently, and will be relocating this summer to the North bay or Central Valley areas (within an hour of Stockton & Concord), so most of the contests I am looking at are within a 2 hour drive of this area.

Pay: $0.00
Hours: Long
Work Conditions: Hot & Smoky with scattered beers

You are responsible for your own transportation to the contest and lodging (you will find me on an air mattress by the pit most nights)

If you are still reading this with interest, you should have your head checked. :loco:, and you should also get in touch with me.

deguerre 03-15-2012 01:53 PM

You mean, they have Barbecue in...gasp...California?

PatAttack 03-15-2012 01:57 PM

If you weren't moving to the other side of the country, I would have been happy to help. California...really???? Hope it's for a better paying job!!

lcbateman3 03-15-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1981623)

I hear they serve it on top of avocado's....

landarc 03-15-2012 02:00 PM

Ooo, me! me! me!

Unless I am busy somewhere else.

SirPorkaLot 03-15-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 1981629)
If you weren't moving to the other side of the country, I would have been happy to help. California...really???? Hope it's for a better paying job!!

Damn wife & Kids insist upon eating and a roof over their heads. :loco:

Yea, it should only be for the next 2-3 (3-5?) years, I am pretty sure i won't be able to take the left coast much longer than that.

SirPorkaLot 03-15-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1981632)
Ooo, me! me! me!

Unless I am busy somewhere else.

You know you really should look at your priorities.

Boobs or BBQ?

Yea I know...I would make the same choice. :rolleyes:

SirPorkaLot 03-15-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1981623)

They don't now, I'm aiming to change that.

landarc 03-15-2012 02:09 PM

We already have Carolina-style BBQ out here.

I am not choosing boobs...lower.

HB-BBQ 03-15-2012 04:57 PM

I know you plan to compete locally but if you ever make your way down to the comps in SoCal look me up. I've only competed twice a few years ago but managed a walk at each. It be great to learn from someone more experienced at them.

gtr 03-15-2012 05:23 PM

There might be some opportunities for me to get out of the house this summer (wife & kiddies may be out of town) & I wouldn't be opposed to heading up that way. Obviously something I wouldn't be able to do on a regular basis and also kind of a long shot but you never know - just throwing it out there. Any idea of when any of these comps are?

SirPorkaLot 03-15-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 1981852)
There might be some opportunities for me to get out of the house this summer (wife & kiddies may be out of town) & I wouldn't be opposed to heading up that way. Obviously something I wouldn't be able to do on a regular basis and also kind of a long shot but you never know - just throwing it out there. Any idea of when any of these comps are?

I am doing a few backyard and open judging events in April & May to get my mojo working.
The sanctioned events I am looking at don't start till July.
I am not doing any in June due to son's HS graduation and The Move.

I haven't looked beyond July yet.

gtr 03-15-2012 05:37 PM

Gotcha. April & May are a disaster schedule-wise, but summer might be OK. Ironically, the wife & kids might be in NC.

yelonutz 03-16-2012 12:35 AM

First of all, the Bay area aint Northern California, but I am glad yo gonna teach all us how to BBQ. Never tried avocado... got me thinking.

NUTZ

SirPorkaLot 03-16-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelonutz (Post 1982160)
First of all, the Bay area aint Northern California, but I am glad yo gonna teach all us how to BBQ. Never tried avocado... got me thinking.

NUTZ

Now I never said anything about teaching nothing. ;)

And it's further north than Southern, Ca right? :becky: