The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sorry Guys, We're steppin in. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8881)

BBQchef33 07-27-2004 03:44 PM

Sorry Guys, We're steppin in.

I'm sure some of us knew this was coming soon......
I gotta step in before it get out of hand.

Hijacking in general has become a little out of control lately, not just here in Qtalk, but other forums have gotten hit also. Some blatent and intentional. Yes its funny, yes I enjoy the cracks... (don't go there)...but its gotten a little extreme these past few days. Please get back in tune with Discussion areas and there purposes. If a hijack starts, don't fuel the flame.

Remember our guidelines from the previous Hijack war that started a few monts back...

If your Qtalk or D&R thread is hijacked OUT OF CONTROL, a gentle PRIVATE nudge is ok, or a PM to a moderator. We wil handle it. I dont however expect to hear stuff when someone cracked a single joke or a wisecrack. That IS NOT a HIJACK, or disrespectfull, its US. We are here for the levitity...

1 crack, NO,
2, probably still NO..
3?? WE SPLIT IT.

I will be splitting threads and deleteing irrelevant posts to begin a cleanup. If u see a post is missing, and it was irrelevant or Off topic, myself or one of the moderators did it.

Other moderators, please take lead, and get us back on track. This includes the new competition forum as well as comments, announcment, etc.. all but woodpile.

Sorry to be a kill joy.. I aint saying to get goofy and go Pit Crew...but we got to pull back just a little. Qtalk has guidelines and protocols as well as the other forums. Please stick with it.

Back on topic. 8)

thanks all.

heres where everyone gets all quiet and starts sayin shhhhhhhhh.... its a hijack. :?

Heath 07-27-2004 10:52 PM

Thanks Phil, I will do my best to maintain in all the forums. Except woodpile. Then yer mine.

I do find myself doing the evil deed when I shouldn't. Usually late at night after a few drinks.

badger 07-28-2004 11:11 AM

Phil,

When splitting threads is it common knowledge were the new thread get moved to? I am assuming the Wood Pile so the thread can continue its mayhem.

parrothead 07-28-2004 11:34 AM

I would assume. Unless it takes on a legitimate new topic that does indeed belong in a different forum.

BBQchef33 07-28-2004 11:59 AM

if the thread has tuned to crap.. move the crap to woodpile(if its good stuff, yes some of its funny :D ) or delete the crap and get the thread back on track, leaving behind the legitimate thread.

If the thread took on a second legitimate life, just split it and give the new life a descriptive title.

Bill-Chicago 07-28-2004 12:01 PM

If you move an entire thread, make sure you don't leave a Shadow topic in the previous forum

Delete the shadow, and it deletes the original moved thread too.

jt 07-28-2004 01:52 PM

Ok, let me know if this is a hijack. If I log in and read this thread first, it marks everything else as Read. I know, I know, look at the time stamp, but what's up with that?

badger 07-28-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt
Ok, let me know if this is a hijack. If I log in and read this thread first, it marks everything else as Read. I know, I know, look at the time stamp, but what's up with that?

JT, that is a known problem with the forum, with no current fix.