Any benefit or concern to making your team into a business?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am literally thinking about opening a business just to get membership to restaurant depot. I'm wondering if other folks who compete have done this and if so, is there any issue in doing so?

Thanks!

I am literally thinking about opening a business just to get membership to restaurant depot. I'm wondering if other folks who compete have done this and if so, is there any issue in doing so?

Thanks!

I believe that Phil was all ready working on a way for the Brethren to get a membership to RD. It may actually already be in place.

You can get the daily pass for being in KCBS every time you go so I don't know if it would be worth it. The other thing you can do is get the tax id number off of family or friend that has a business and use that to get a membership.

I haven't heard of any movement on the Bretrhen RD membership. I posted today in that thread.

I've heard so many people talk about all the issues they have had with the day pass that I was thinking it may just be easier to do a cheapo corporation.

I was wondering if there were any other benefits to it as a team competing.

Thanks for the feedback ...

Edit: That is I tried to post into the Brethren RD thread, but it was too old to accept the post.

Last edited:
I just bumped that thread Jason. There's a box you can check stating you're aware the thread is old but want to post for relavancy anyway. Right below the quick reply box.

I'm tempted to just get a business license. Don't think you have to actually DO anything with that business besides license it...

We never have issues with the day pass at our RD here. In the most recent KCBS magazine it actually discussed this day pass deal and stated that if you get a hard time in the RD getting the pass to call them while there and they will straighten it out. Not sure how easy that would be, but it was addressed.

I own a fence company with a tax id. Do you think that would qualify?

My RD wouldn't just take a tax id. They also wanted the business license. I don't think they are all this way, but mine was. So I just use my KCBS membership.

I own a fence company with a tax id. Do you think that would qualify?

Our RD didn't care what the license was for ... so if you have a license to go with your tax ID you should be good. We got ours using our woodworking/laser engraving business license.

Thanks!

By forming a corporation you open your business to the IRS. I don't recommend it just to get a RD membership.

Back