The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Attn: Northern Cali Brethren (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175259)

motoeric 11-14-2013 12:23 AM

Attn: Northern Cali Brethren

Hi,

There's a military group that's returning stateside (Dublin, California) on Dec. 7th and then heading back out. They were supposed to have a welcome home BBQ that day. The company/people that were doing the cooking just backed out and now the entire event is in danger of falling through.

Larry Gaian is trying to get some BBQ folks together to step up and fill the vacuum. If you can help out on Dec. 7th with your time, energy, expertise and your smoker(s), we can still make this happen.

Yes, the irony of this being on Dec. 7th isn't lost on anyone.

You can contact Larry here: https://www.facebook.com/BBQGrail

It would be amazing if we can make this happen after some losers bailed on the service men and women.

Thanks!

Eric

landarc 11-14-2013 12:32 AM

Marty Leach and I are in, there will also be a need for rubs, sauces and meats. Larry will be committing us to the cook tomorrow, hopefully we can make this happen.

The rest of the story, is that they reached out to Operation BBQ Relief, who couldn't make it happen, so they (Stan) reached out to Larry and the NorCal Brethren. I would hope we can rise to the occasion, I know we can cook for 200 folks.

landarc 11-14-2013 12:56 AM

And, now, Marty and I are handling equipment. I would suspect that we can come up with all manner of things, but, the one thing I think we could really use is a larger cooker. Anyone local with a cooker that can handle a few hundred pounds of meat would be a huge benefit to the effort.

If you can join in, let me know what equipment you can contribute, I will keep a running log in this thread (a la a normal Bash).

martyleach 11-14-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2692669)
And, now, Marty and I are handling equipment. I would suspect that we can come up with all manner of things, but, the one thing I think we could really use is a larger cooker. Anyone local with a cooker that can handle a few hundred pounds of meat would be a huge benefit to the effort.

If you can join in, let me know what equipment you can contribute, I will keep a running log in this thread (a la a normal Bash).

Let me have a talk with my friend Russ Barck who recently took delivery of the new, big Yoder. I give myself a 30 % chance of success though...

landarc 11-14-2013 01:16 AM

If I had a new big Yoder, I would totally want to bring it to this Bash

BBQchef33 11-14-2013 02:18 AM

is this 200 families(750-1000), or 200 people??

landarc 11-14-2013 02:33 AM

Phil, Larry is going to nail that down tomorrow.

MOS95B 11-14-2013 08:27 AM

Has anyone set up a paypal for us on the wrong side of the country?

Big George's BBQ 11-14-2013 08:32 AM

I cant be there but will help with a donation

motoeric 11-14-2013 09:03 AM

It's 200 people.

Eric

landarc 11-14-2013 10:33 AM

How does Paypal for donations work? I am pretty sure we are going to use my Paypal account and somehow I am going to feed the money to the event. I am clueless how that goes.

The only thing I really use Paypal for is to pay for me membership here. edit: Paypal donations will be going to my Paypal account, PM me for information on that. I assume I would give you my name and email account is what you would need. Wampus, you do these things, is that correct?

landarc 11-14-2013 10:50 AM

okay, more details.

200 total people, 20% children
11:30 am start time.

This is a mix of soldiers returning to camp, and others who are deploying.

We have the Bart's Blazing Q catering rig, which gives us a Backwoods Party, Pitts and Spitts smoker, electric cambro and a CTO. We also have commitments for catering equipment. Not sure how much, but, since it is two catering companies, I assume we have somewhere around 8 chafers, multiple tubs and serving utensils.

PatAttack 11-14-2013 02:22 PM

What you guys are doing is commendable!:thumb:

Big George's BBQ 11-14-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2693373)

Agree Paypal sent There may be a fee charged I do not know

tasterner 11-14-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2693373)

Also agree, and I'd like to make a donation also if you get it worked out.