• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cold Weather Makes Me Crave Comfort Food.

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The mercury is starting to drop around here in Idaho. That tends to make me put away the Q books and break out the comfort food recipes. Soups, chile, casseroles etc. I've never made gumbo but I think it's time I tried my hand at it. There's not a lot love for un-fried seafood in my home so maybe chicken and tasso or hot link gumbo.

sounds like a plan
chicken n sausage gumbo is a staple around my house. wife was just talking about this, too

We made some ribeye chili a few nights ago...

bowl-1.jpg

It was an inexpensive (3.99/lb) ungraded whole ribeye I couldn't resist that I decided would be great for chili or stew.

We made some ribeye chili a few nights ago...

bowl-1.jpg

It was an inexpensive (3.99/lb) ungraded whole ribeye I couldn't resist that I decided would be great for chili or stew.

Geez guy,

Your house always seems to be the place for some killer grub! Bet them kitties eat better than I do some nights.

WV: Love the picture, and the improvised mounting of the roteressie.

Loved the Bud Light, too.

WV: Love the picture, and the improvised mounting of the roteressie.

Loved the Bud Light, too.

Thanks. Jan 29 is an annual cook out, no matter what. It's my best friends birthday, and I cook what ever he wants. This year it was rotisserie pork butt. The only grill I had that I cloud slap a rotisserie on was that piece of junk. A small bonfire and some cold beer around the cooker. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I have some killer comfort food recipes that we do on the grill. They were actually featured in a local foodie mag here in St. Louis. That's our Prime Rib on the cover:

COVER.jpg

The three dishes that fit the bill the most for what the OP is looking for doesn't even include the cover recipe.

Meatloaf Shepherd's Pie is my fave:

FML21.jpg

But two very close seconds are Beer Can Chicken Stew and Beef Stew on the grill:

Chickens.jpg

CR-21.JPG

The beer can chicken stew, sounds really good. But I think I am going to try some comfort food my mom makes and I just cant really get enough of when I fly back to WA.

I was thinking about doing a Smoked Chicken and Dumplings. Similiar to what the Chicken stew Recipe, but adding a big can of cream of mushroom or celery soup and towards the end of the smoke dropping the dumplings mixture into the soup and broth to cook. Now thats sounds like a plan this weekend.

As a matter of fact. Cooked up a big pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup just last night. Made Chili last week. I know what you're talkin' about! Cheers!!!

The beer can chicken stew, sounds really good. But I think I am going to try some comfort food my mom makes and I just cant really get enough of when I fly back to WA.

I was thinking about doing a Smoked Chicken and Dumplings. Similiar to what the Chicken stew Recipe, but adding a big can of cream of mushroom or celery soup and towards the end of the smoke dropping the dumplings mixture into the soup and broth to cook. Now thats sounds like a plan this weekend.

That's BRILLIANT!! I'm so jumping all over that...

Back