The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mandalay Bay KCBS Contest (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8839)

MrSmoker 07-24-2004 02:17 PM

Mandalay Bay KCBS Contest

It would be nice if the Brothers could be represented in Vegas the date is Oct. 29 & 30. What if somebody close didn't want to compete but was willing to furnish a smoker and and a team could fly in. Or they could team up together. Just wanted to plant seed and see what happens.

parrothead 07-24-2004 02:45 PM

I went out last year to check it out. Had a good time. Have to check the schedule.

chad 07-24-2004 02:56 PM

Already committed to cook offs in October and November - could probably afford to fly out but would wind up sleeping in the cookoff tent!

As everyone should already understand you need a lot more than just a cooker -- tents, tables, cooler, ice, drinks, seasonings, charcoal, wood, water, a place to sleep, entry fees, meat, garnish, food for a couple of days, etc. etc. etc.

My rough estimate for a local cook off is $400.

A national "fly in" team would be great but you better have someone local who at least knows where the grocery store is.

mook 07-24-2004 05:38 PM

HornBri and I have been discussing competing at the Mandalay Bay event. Problem is i would not be able to get him off the tables to cook.

If any brothers are interested in joining us let me know.

chad 07-24-2004 07:10 PM

Yep! Lot's of distractions!! :twisted:

Sure would be fun, though!

parrothead 07-24-2004 07:52 PM

If anyone does it, I will make it out there.

hornbri 07-25-2004 03:35 AM

I would like too. The dates work for me. Mook and I could prolly drive in and bring most of the gear.

I think that event has a chili cook off as well, I may have to try that.

BBQchef33 07-25-2004 08:05 AM

The Farkin Team Brethren are sweeping the Country!!!
Schedule look good from here too....

Wife just read this post... Shes got friends there...she stays with them. In her words...

We're IN !!!

So if the westcoast chapter will have me... I'm there too.

If we can get 6 or more.. MULTIPLE TEAMS!!!!

This is soo friggin cool!!! and im am psyched.....

In the immortal words of Jim Minion.... he sent me a PM after the grillkings event.....

"In your first competition.. you've were Bitten........ Your Soul is no longer your own. "

JIm.. your so right.. :)

david 07-25-2004 09:46 AM

Now that I'm working I might be able to get down there. My sister lives in vegas, and we've never visited, so it might be time for a trip.

MrSmoker 07-25-2004 11:34 AM

I'll be there, i was planning to judge, but i would rather team up with some Brothers.

Bigmista 07-25-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mook
HornBri and I have been discussing competing at the Mandalay Bay event. Problem is i would not be able to get him off the tables to cook.

If any brothers are interested in joining us let me know.

I'm definitely interested. Maybe we could put together a West Coast team!

Bill-Chicago 07-25-2004 02:04 PM

I won't be there.

Halloween Mod.

Its still too important for my kids.

And don't let Phil fool you. He won't be there either. If there is one holiday he needs to spend at home, it is Halloween

JacksonsDad 07-25-2004 02:20 PM

Man, a chance to meet some of the Brethren, Q, and gambling...I wish I could go. I am already on a plane that weekend for Denver to watch my Longhorns stomp all of over CU....

We must insist on 1) a full report and 2) pictures! Hey, we need someone designated as the "roving reporter" who will post information at the end of the each day!

Instead if the quote from the great movie Field of Dreams, "Build it and they will come!" I propose a new slogan, "Smoke it, and they will come!" I'll leave any interpretations of that left you y'alls imaginations, I am sure some one will chime in with some thoughts!....

Hook 'em Horns!

BBQchef33 07-25-2004 02:41 PM

sh*t, bills right.. I read this as Oct 2 & 3..in fact, just told John its the 2 & 3... and he has a wedding... If I would have read it right, i would have bills same response.

Ya see.... only reason I would have to be here is for the kids and sharon(halloween is her holiday)... So I just said "Sharon, vegas competition is day before halloween"
her response...."Halloween in Vegas?? sounds good to me!!"

So Im still in.

But that don't mean I can't fly home Saturday after the competition if they brothers dont mind cleanin up. :)

MrSmoker 07-25-2004 03:31 PM

Vegas

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
sh*t, bills right.. I read this as Oct 2 & 3..in fact, just told John its the 2 & 3... and he has a wedding... If I would have read it right, i would have bills same response.

Ya see.... only reason I would have to be here is for the kids and sharon(halloween is her holiday)... So I just said "Sharon, vegas competition is day before halloween"
her response...."Halloween in Vegas?? sounds good to me!!"

So Im still in.

But that don't mean I can't fly home Saturday after the competition if they brothers dont mind cleanin up. :)

No problem Phil i'll help clean up,it's only a 5hr. drive for me, i probably won't come home until Sunday anyway.