Want to give comps a try in GA?

olewarthog

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The Hazlehurst (GA) BBQ Fest is a GBA sanctioned competition. In addition to the standard GBA comp, we will also have the GBA's new Cooking for Fun division. Cooking for Fun consists of 2 categories -- pulled pork & ribs. The division follows GBA rules. Turn in times will be the same as the GBA turn in times for those categories. Entries will be judged by GBA certified judges. Everything will be just like the GBA division except there are only 2 categories instead of 3 and there is no finals round.

$100 entry fee covers both categories. Ancillary contests in Brunswick Stew & Dessert are open to Cooking for Fun teams also. Application can be downloaded at http://www.bbqga.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Haz-bbq-festl-application-2013.pdf

Mod Note:

I removed the Competition Announcement prefix from this thread. Competition Announcement is used to announce competitions :)

I thought what I posted was announcing a cooking for fun (or backyard) contest that is being held in addition to our regular contest. Sorry for the misque.

Back