The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   on my way to sesame street! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19091)

rookiedad 07-12-2006 09:53 PM

on my way to sesame street!

hi
this year my wife and i are taking the kids to sesame place in langhorne pa. if anyone knows about any good joints around that area please let me know!

thanks
phil

Smoker 07-12-2006 10:14 PM

If it was me going there I WOULD need a good joint.

College days mod

Enjoy

BrooklynQ 07-12-2006 11:51 PM

Look up Butch's Smack Your Lips and see where his place is. And also, in Philly Jack McDavids Firehouse.

BobberQer 07-13-2006 06:10 AM

Butch has closed his restuarant.. It is my understanding that he will open a place in the Philly area, in the fall...

RichardF 07-13-2006 11:51 AM

Cannot make any Q rec's in the local area, but there is/was a place called the joint in philly that was pretty good. I'm think'n you should be eating cheese steaks. I 've been to Sesame Place with my daughter, and she had a great time. If you can do a meal with the characters, it's a lot of fun.

Kirk 07-14-2006 10:16 PM

I live right around the corner from Sesame Place. There are no decent Q joints in the immediate area ('cept my house :wink: ). There's one about 20 minutes away but it's really not worth the trip. Sweet Lucy's in NE Philly ain't bad but it ain't that close either (about 25 min or more). There's also a few places on South Street in Philly, but again, not close by.
What other kind of grub might y'all be interested in? There's Italian across the street at Macaroni Grill (their chicken scallopini used to be great but the last 2 times has only been so so...), Carlucci's or Bertucci's as well as a Chili's and Pizzaria Uno. There's a Red Robin and Cheeburger Cheeburger burger joints, a Don Pablo's ( cheap Mexican), Longhorne, JB Dawson's and Charlie Brown's Steakhouses too. They just opened a Martgaritaville but I haven't tried that place yet. All these places are within about one mile of Sesame place along with a bunch of others. If you want cheesesteaks, Slack's Hoagie shack is there too. All these places are chains, if you're willing to take a little bit of a ride, there is some fine dining in the area too (within 20 minutes or so) mostly toward Newtown or Yardley.
Let me know what you're looking for and I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.

rookiedad 07-20-2006 11:09 AM

Kirk,
thanks for the info. i really liked Langhorne. people were real nice. lots of blue fuzzy creatures running around! we tore up the macaroni grill, the ihop and the pizza uno(we all were in there whan that big storm hit on tuesday night), but the best meal was marriott's breakfast with the make your own waffles. gotta get a waffle maker!
thanks again and thanks all for the suggestions.

phil