The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NBBQL Live Streams (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273923)

mbigtoe 07-15-2019 08:02 AM

NBBQL Live Streams

I enjoyed the first two live streams earlier this year and was wondering if any more were planned. I'm sure there are a lot of moving parts that need to come together to make them happen. It's just cool to go "behind the curtain" with the best of the best.

tduffy 07-15-2019 02:48 PM

I do not see any NBBQL on the schedule on KCBS site right now but maybe they have some in the works that they haven't announced yet.

ewatts2003 07-15-2019 03:08 PM

I believe the NBBQL website shows on scheduled for October, but nothing other than that. Still wish they could bring back the old format, but that's not going to happen. I have watched replays of the live stream events but still find myself watching clips from Season 1 more often! Either way it's great exposure and behind the scenes looks into the sport we all love!

midwest_kc 07-15-2019 03:24 PM

They announced one in Florida in September - for the Jaguars/Chiefs game - that will be in the stadium parking lot.

ewatts2003 07-15-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwest_kc (Post 4205718)
They announced one in Florida in September - for the Jaguars/Chiefs game - that will be in the stadium parking lot.

Now that would be a fun one to attend!

tduffy 07-16-2019 10:57 AM

The live videos are cool but I do miss the way they did it last year. I was hoping to cook an event they were at.

Porcine Perfection 07-16-2019 06:50 PM

Guessing the sponsor well went dry on this deal. Brad at Gettin' Basted might be able to answer this.

gettinbasted 07-16-2019 07:08 PM

Since the “Sponsor well” largely consists of Tim & My Wallets, it’s been dry from the jump. That being said, we have 3 events planned for the fall and are working on lining up 6-8 more events for next year along with more great content. Like us on Facebook and subscribe on YouTube for updates.

All the sponsorship dollars go towards content and we are always looking for brands to partner with to help get more out there and to make this thing grow!

Pappy Q 07-17-2019 06:51 PM

Dip into Darren’s well. That thing has to be deep.

gettinbasted 07-18-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy Q (Post 4206441)
Dip into Darren’s well. That thing has to be deep.

We paid Darren more than anybody after he won the thing last year!