New Contest for 2011! Go Naked BBQ!

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
www.GoNakedBBQ.com

All Natural BBQ Contest

The Go Naked BBQ Contest allows only wood and charcoal burning cookers. No electronics of ANY kind. No pellet poopers, Gurus, Digi-Q’s, augers, electronics, torches...

This is ALL NATURAL!!!

We will have entry forms available soon, and we are limiting entrants to 18, so that we can maintain the highest quality judging standards.

Entry fee $100.00.

Each category will be awarded as follows:

1st Place: $300.00

2nd place: $200.00

3rd place: $100.00

A Grand Champion will be awarded for the highest cumulative score from Chicken and Ribs and will receive a cash prize of an additional $400.00!!!

Now that sounds like a fun comp and not so intimidating for those new to the addiction. :)

Thom sound familiar? Great idea....Seriously I have been trying to put one on myself.

Oh, and no weed burners -- chimneys only to start. No cookers over $200. No commercial sauces or rubs. And no ringers
shiner.gif

Do you have to make the cooker yourself, or grow the tree you cut the wood from, or deliver birth to the hog and raise that you harvest the butts from? I don't think I'll get into that arena.

Wow, I didnt expect to see the bitterness, especially among brethren. So the man
wants an old school BBQ competition. Why hate, why snipe?

Good luck Tim; sounds like fun!

Maybe I am reading the replies differently, but, I am taking them as good natured ribbing among friends... At least, I HOPE that's what it is!!

Your right Lake Dog, I guess if that is the way they want to have it then there is nothing wrong with that. My thoughts are that I don't see what is to be accomplished by saying no guru or electonics for instance. All that means is someone will have to pay closer attention to the pit. But if that is what they want I should not have been so harsh, sorry.

Maybe I am reading the replies differently, but, I am taking them as good natured ribbing among friends... At least, I HOPE that's what it is!!

Tim, you know I'm messing with you. I can't wait till 2012 when it's a winter comp!

Are they going to allow alcohol at this one? Regardless, I would probably be in for this one. It's no different than what I do on a normal comp weekend.

www.GoNakedBBQ.com

All Natural BBQ Contest

The Go Naked BBQ Contest allows only wood and charcoal burning cookers. No electronics of ANY kind. No pellet poopers, Gurus, Digi-Q’s, augers, electronics, torches...

This is ALL NATURAL!!!

We will have entry forms available soon, and we are limiting entrants to 18, so that we can maintain the highest quality judging standards.

Entry fee $100.00.

Each category will be awarded as follows:

1st Place: $300.00

2nd place: $200.00

3rd place: $100.00

A Grand Champion will be awarded for the highest cumulative score from Chicken and Ribs and will receive a cash prize of an additional $400.00!!!

You must rub 2 sticks together to start fire, no wheels on the rigs to roll them around, and your entry form must be sent in only thru the Pony Express.

Here in Iowa a guy named Jumpin Jim put on some unique contest and got a good turnout. First year was LPQ which was gas only. Johnny Trigg won that. Last year was charcoal (CTO's) vs Pellets. This year is supposed to be anything goes. I think the charcoal only had like 40-50 teams. Winner also won a new pit.

Nothing that 'severe.' We just want to put on a contest for the 'natural' charcoal and stick burners. :-D

Back