The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Filling a vacancy on the board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63475)

Jorge 06-12-2009 12:11 PM

Filling a vacancy on the board

Having read the bylaws, twice, I'd be interested to know how the board plans to fill the vacancy that now exists.

ThomEmery 06-12-2009 12:17 PM

Jorge Is there a prescribed method in the Bylaws?

Jorge 06-12-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomEmery (Post 948992)
Jorge Is there a prescribed method in the Bylaws?

I don't see a method mentioned anywhere. Just that the remaining directors, may fill the vacancy at the next regularly scheduled meeting. The method for electing members to the board is spelled out much more clearly.

That's why I'm asking the question.

Jeff_in_KC 06-12-2009 12:28 PM

I asked someone yesterday and according to that person (who definitely should know) the precedent has already been set to go back to the previous election and select the person with the most votes who did not get elected. In this instance, it would be Mike Buddai, which is a good thing.

Now, whether this mess of an organization will stick to precedent or not, I cannot say with any certainty. I think legally it should since nothing indicates how to fill vacancies in the by-laws. APPARENTLY they're so worried about all the BS that they can't even put policies in places for vacancies. No wonder Rod wanted out...

Bill-Chicago 06-12-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 948999)
I don't see a method mentioned anywhere. Just that the remaining directors, may fill the vacancy at the next regularly scheduled meeting. .

Thats it.

Someone brings up a candidate in a motion, they vote, and thats it.

I beleive thats the porcess. No need to "plan" anything.

I recall Mike Lake rejoining the board this way when Dr BBQ stepped down. (I think I recall it that way)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 949004)
I asked someone yesterday and according to that person (who definitely should know) the precedent has already been set to go back to the previous election and select the person with the most votes who did not get elected. In this instance, it would be Mike Buddai, which is a good thing.

Was this precedent set after the Dr BBQ replacement? I don't watch that political theater much anymore

parrothead 06-12-2009 02:06 PM

Is there anything in the bylaws that refers to Robert's rules of order? The by-laws for our homeoener's association stated that anything that is not covered goes to Robert's rules of order.

stlgreg 06-12-2009 02:10 PM

regardless of precedent, by law is bylaw

Jeff_in_KC 06-13-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlgreg (Post 949106)
regardless of precedent, by law is bylaw

And it was stated that there are no by-laws covering this. It's really a pointless discussion though. The BoD will just do whatever they want to do.

ThomEmery 06-13-2009 08:46 AM

I have thought about running next year
A friend asked "Are you sure you want in on that?"
LOL Great question

Jorge 06-13-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 949444)
It's really a pointless discussion though.

That's one reason I posted here:wink::mrgreen: I'm hoping to find out how the BoD plans to handle this, from the source.

drbbq 06-13-2009 07:49 PM

When we realized that John Ross had been ineligible to run but had been elected the seat that would have been his was given to the guy he'd edged out and I think that was Rod. When I resigned I suggested Mike Lake who had been a board member in the past but hadn't even run the previous election. The board agreed and asked Mike to do it so the precedent thing isn't real.

Mike Budai would seem like a reasonable choice but I doubt it's a lock.

Plowboy 06-13-2009 08:57 PM

I heard rumors last night that Yankee may get a nomination.

The Giggler 06-13-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 949804)

Yankee would be a good addition because he's a solid guy and a great cook. Besides, those Bostonians don't put up with any chit.... :biggrin:

Sledneck 06-15-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 949804)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Giggler (Post 949813)
Yankee would be a good addition because he's a solid guy and a great cook. Besides, those Bostonians don't put up with any chit.... :biggrin:

From what I have been reading he would have to really crazy or really stupid to accept:rolleyes:

jminion 06-16-2009 02:24 AM

As Ray said the BOD can put anyone they want into the position, just needs a majority of the votes of remaining members of the Board.

Rod replaced John Ross, that year he had the next highest vote count on the list of candidates but Mike Lake case he had not run the year Ray resigned.