The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what else have you done with chopped brisket.. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9027)

evilpsych 08-07-2004 07:38 PM

what else have you done with chopped brisket..

you know.. what else have you done with the chopped point of your briskets.. besides the usual bean/sandwich/q mods..

i just stuck two brisket quiches in the oven.. (brisket point cubes, cheddar, and egg mixture..) so i'll know in about an hour if they're any dang good or not..

what about your odder-than-usual uses for smoked brisket? ya cant eat sandwiches EVERY day CAN you???

The_Kapn 08-07-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

what about your odder-than-usual uses for smoked brisket? ya cant eat sandwiches EVERY day CAN you???
YUP :lol:
But, I am sure someone is more creative than me!
TIM

midnight 08-07-2004 08:27 PM

I sometimes throw mine in a tortilla and slop on some sauce, a little cheese and some sour cream. Roll up and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.

My favorite thing to do is put all those yummy pieces in a zip lock baggie and throw them in the freezer. Make sure they are way in back and hard to get to. Then over the course of about 3 or 4 weeks start to pile other frozen food on top of them. After about 6 months dig down through the layers of frozen food to look for the brisket that your wife knows you put in the freezer but you don't remember ever having left overs. Find the ice crystal encrusted package with the nicely freezer burned meat and open it up and carefully dump it in the trash!

I seem to do a lot of brisket this way.

Too lazy to use my vac sealer mod.

BigBelly 08-07-2004 09:43 PM

I stuff it baked potatoes, as Midnight said, wrap it up in a nice flour tortilla, use to make a variation of beef stew (make the broth ahead of time with the veggies then add the meat at the very end), wrap it up in some pastry dough with some saute' mushrooms and some pan gravy to make a barbecue rendition Beef Wellington...

The list can go on, and on, and on...

Solidkick 08-07-2004 09:58 PM

I put some in some green beans tonight.......hmmmmmmmm.good!

evilpsych 08-07-2004 11:44 PM

the quiche was actually decent.. forgot to mention that i tossed in some blanched spinach.

kcquer 08-08-2004 08:05 AM

Use leftover brisket instead of hamburger or italian sausage in your next batch of pasta, freaking awesome.

When I cook a whole packer, we eat the flat and freeze the points and when I have 3 or 4 saved up I thaw them out trim off any bark or fat, apply rub and resmoke them for "burnt ends". Cubes of beefy heaven!

Mark 08-08-2004 08:40 AM

shredded beef tacos or nachos

kcquer 08-08-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

shredded beef tacos or nachos
Did nachos with the leftovers from my last batch of burnt ends, awesome, pulled pork nachos aren't bad either.

The_Kapn 04-23-2005 10:18 AM

I tried this last night.
Rachel Ray did a "Cuban Stir Fry" kinda thing with flank steak.
For me, it morphed into:

Chopped up Brisket, Onions, Scallions, Red and Green Bell Peppers, and a tiny bit of Yellow Squash.
Splash of Olive Oil in a medium hot skillet.
Did it like a stir fry. Cook till it is done to your preference.
Dusted with Essence.

Served with white rice on side.
YUMMY :D

While eating, I decided that it would work with almost any leftover Que--even a combo of meats. Bacon would have kicked it off a lot :lol:
Also, chop everything up fine, add some egg, and it would make a "killer" fried rice dish!

TIM

Jorge 04-23-2005 11:59 AM

Great thread from way back. It's not bad in enchiladas. Make a Chile Colorado sauce and roll the meat and some roasted Sandia peppers in a tortilla. Cover with cheese and sauce then bake.

Bigmista 04-23-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnight
I sometimes throw mine in a tortilla and slop on some sauce, a little cheese and some sour cream. Roll up and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.

My favorite thing to do is put all those yummy pieces in a zip lock baggie and throw them in the freezer. Make sure they are way in back and hard to get to. Then over the course of about 3 or 4 weeks start to pile other frozen food on top of them. After about 6 months dig down through the layers of frozen food to look for the brisket that your wife knows you put in the freezer but you don't remember ever having left overs. Find the ice crystal encrusted package with the nicely freezer burned meat and open it up and carefully dump it in the trash!

I seem to do a lot of brisket this way.

Too lazy to use my vac sealer mod.

Welcome Midnight. Go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Bigmista 04-23-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapndsl
I tried this last night.
For me, it morphed into:

Chopped up Brisket, Onions, Scallions, Red and Green Bell Peppers, and a tiny bit of Yellow Squash.
Dusted with Essence.

While eating, I decided that it would work with almost any leftover Que--even a combo of meats. Bacon would have kicked it off a lot :lol:
Also, chop everything up fine, add some egg, and it would make a "killer" fried rice dish!

TIM

*wondering if Tim has a spare room*

Bigmista 04-23-2005 12:38 PM

Nobody mentioned Brsiket Chili?

brdbbq 04-23-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista
Quote:

Originally Posted by kapndsl
I tried this last night.
For me, it morphed into:

Dusted with Essence.

TIM

*wondering if Tim has a spare room*

Wonder why he ruined it with rice.