The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Any Response to Smokin at the Ballpark? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161573)

deez butts 05-23-2013 09:58 AM

Any Response to Smokin at the Ballpark?

Has anyone else sent in an application to Smokin at the Ballpark in OOB Maine? I mailed an application a while back and have had no response from them. I also noticed they had not cashed the check. I then went on to email the person listed as the contact and have not had any response to the email as well.

Bob S 05-23-2013 10:24 AM

I emailed Sharri with a few questions and never heard back from her. I followed up a week later with a phone call and was able to speak with her and get my questions answered. I would recommend giving her a call.

ique 06-06-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deez butts (Post 2490962)
Has anyone else sent in an application to Smokin at the Ballpark in OOB Maine? I mailed an application a while back and have had no response from them. I also noticed they had not cashed the check. I then went on to email the person listed as the contact and have not had any response to the email as well.

Same here. Need to see if check was cashed but no response to my emails and no info on the event yet

Fatback Joe 06-06-2013 09:18 AM

Same story here.

Check not cashed as of this morning...........but I am ok with that as long as I am still in. :mrgreen:

deez butts 06-06-2013 09:32 AM

Check still not cashed, emails still not answered and two phone calls not returned. Now I'm starting to get stressed about this.

ique 06-06-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deez butts (Post 2506013)
Check still not cashed, emails still not answered and two phone calls not returned. Now I'm starting to get stressed about this.

I just put a note into the NEBS board asking them to touch base with the organizer

CarolinaQue 06-06-2013 07:08 PM

These issues and many others from the first 2 contests the organizer ran is a big decision in why I'm not sad that I won't be there this year. But I'll gladly come up and toss a few back and say hi to old friends if it does in fact happen.

CBQ 06-07-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatback Joe (Post 2505987)
Same story here.

Check not cashed as of this morning...........but I am ok with that as long as I am still in. :mrgreen:

No, you should not go. Why take a chance and spoil your record of winning every contest you enter this year? :becky:

On a more serious note, they did cash our check.

Lakeside Smoker 06-07-2013 05:32 AM

Wow, comp BBQers have short memories. :razz:

ique 06-07-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeside Smoker (Post 2507119)

Automatic qualifiers seem to have a mysterious effect on memory

CBQ 06-07-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeside Smoker (Post 2507119)

Well, I didn't go the first year when it got flooded out, the second year wasn't that bad. This year it's supposed to be in the field and not under the eaves of the stadium. At least they didn't fine me for anything. :becky:

Lakeside Smoker 06-07-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBQ (Post 2507232)
At least they didn't fine me for anything. :becky:

Did you get fined at a comp? I've never seen you say anything about it. :grin:

JimmyDAL 06-08-2013 05:57 AM

Mike, I think he is referring to New Hampshire

Smokin' D 06-08-2013 08:15 AM

Competed at the first two and finally bought some boots as a result of the fine weather we had! Not competing this time around, but sent in an application to judge and got a speedy reply from Shari. Maybe a phone call to allay your fears?

Just a side note regarding judging. I promise there will NO coolers by my seat for take away.

CBQ 06-08-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyDAL (Post 2508251)
Mike, I think he is referring to New Hampshire

LOL, I think he knows. :becky: