Pumped!

twinsfan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got my FIRST real vending job.

We got a big concert on campus and I've been approved to vend RIGHT OUTSIDE the building. Hundreds of hungry students and staff.

Thinking hot dogs (just another option), Pulled Pork, our unique Mac N Cheese and Carolina Slaw. I'm on the border with ribs but they're so dang expensive for students, though we've recieved permission to charge food to their accounts (meaning parents). :p:-D Irresponsibility for the win.

All four will be my twists on classics, as I add a rub to the hotdogs, my citrus BBQ sauce on the PP, the Mac N Cheese (a family recipe using paprika and Wos. sauce then slow baked (REALLY GOOD!)), and the Carolina Slaw with a mustard and vinegar base.

All profits will go to a school club, but it'll be advertised under my team's name and HOPEFULLY somebody likes the food a lot and asks for more info. Got the foot in the door. Bonus is no need for Health Dept. since it's sold on campus. :-D

Still a month away but pumped. Wanna kill it since my reputation on campus is "that Southern kid" even though all my family are Northerners. :crazy:

I take it as a compliment.

Just got interrogated by a boarding student from North Carolina about my version of BBQ and their slaw. Haha

Good for you. :thumb:

Keep it simple. Do a few things well -- don't over-reach.

As for sauces, there are a lot of good ones, so do what you normally do, and don't worry about the kid from Carolina. There is no one right way to make a sauce.

Instead of hot dogs, maybe some sausage? And, ribs might be too much for a first gig. They will eat up a lot of valuable cooking space for a long time, unless you have some big cookers lined up.

Be realistic, PLAN and PREPARE EVERYTHING before you start cooking -- and have some fun.

Good luck!

CD

Get some business cards printed up. I bet you are gonna need them once people get a taste of your 'cue.

That's my plan Jim.

Yea CD I'd consider doing that depending on the price of sausage v. hot dogs.

And I'm not worried about the North Carolinian, it was just funny.

Back