My Wife Re-Stocked The Sauce Pantry

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I came home from work today and found that my wife had restocked the BBQ Sauce Cabinets. She went overboard on the Sweet Baby Rays but she got it for .50 a bottle with her coupons. We mix the SBR with a homemade vinegar sauce and together they create a balanced BBQ Sauce.

Sauce 2.JPG

Do you have a separate fridge for the opened bottles or just make a pot-luck from the leftovers?

Great wife and large selection of sauces... Lucky you.

Do you have a separate fridge for the opened bottles or just make a pot-luck from the leftovers?

Great wife and large selection of sauces... Lucky you.

I try to keep open bottles to about 3 or 4 different types at a time. Yes we do combine them when they get below a half bottle and call it the surprise sauce.

Nice selection ...I m sure you can create alot of tasty sauces with all that !

Well that's enough for a week or two........what ya gonna do after that?:shock:

KC

That's a GOOD Wifey right there!! And a Great Selection of Sauce!! :clap2:

I don't think I could get away with that. :shock:

(You have a bigger selection than my grocery store.) :becky:

What an understanding spouse! I only get the top of a 15"x20" rolling kitchen cart for 28 bottles of sauce. I have 4-5 favorites, depending on the meat an style of cook so the rest sit there unopened or with only a little bit used. Surprisingly, none of them (even the opened ones) have gone bad, despite the lack of refrigeration... :oops:

I do have a secret stash of favorites in the basement... Wouldn't want to run out of Blues Hog, Galaxy or Cowtown.

The problem is most of the other flavored of she are disgusting lol

Unreal

That is an amazing amount of BBQ sauce. I have exactly one. A well used medium ketchup bottle with home made shack sauce. I can compete (though I would lose) on total number of bottles of salsa-green and red.

That photo would make a great Christmas Card.

Merry Christmas-What are you Smoking?

Would you share your recipe for mixing the SBR with?
jon

Would you share your recipe for mixing the SBR with?
jon

Sure.....
The idea behind this sauce is that there is no added sugar to the base, it is a savory sauce. The bulk of the sweetness comes from the Sweet Baby Rays when they are combined in the end. It thins the sauce and balances the sweet and the sour. Chipolte or Ancho pepper can be added if heat is desired.

The sauce can stand on its own with pork without adding the Sweet Baby Rays.

Mixed BBQ Sauce
Ingredients:

1 small bottle Sweet Baby Rays (optional)
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 Cup Apple Juice Concentrate
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced

Preparation:
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan. Cook until transparent. Add vinegar and bring to low boil, add salt, pepper, paprika, apple juice, and mustard, mix well. Add worcester sauce and ketchup , simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Add 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays simmer 5 more minutes.

I change this from time to time by adding brisket or pork drippings instead of apple juice concentrate. I also add other spices just to change things around once in a while.

The sky is the limit...

Back