The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Smoking with no smoker Part 2 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175154)

Branded BBQ 11-12-2013 08:44 AM

Smoking with no smoker Part 2

Once again, the weekend descended on me and I wasn't able to get my smoker finished. Still awaiting some parts, AND the band had a couple shows to do, so time just wasn't in my favor. Also...once again my family wanted me to grill and smoke some food AND my friend whom borrowed my patio smoker for a family event still hasn't returned it. (I'm beginning to think he's trying to keep it...haha), SO like last weekend, I made do with the grill.

Sunday, I cooked some hamburgers, while laying out the other meat I would smoke. As soon as the burgers were finished, I let the other stuff smoke for several hours using Stubbs charcoal and some cherry wood. Among this was some jalepeno/bacon wraps and my very first fatty.

For the first time fatty, I took hamburger meat and put shredded chedder and swiss cheese. Then I layered on some jalepeno slices, some bacon bits (real bacon bits), and rolled her up. I kept it a naked fatty....no bacon on the outside. Also, I wrapped it in foil to heat up a bit while cooking the burgers. Once the burgers were off and the smoking began...I unwrapped it and let it smoke. Wonderful!!

Also, on Veterans day, I smoked some pork chops and a piece of chicken for the wifey. Good, good. I still want my smoker back, though. Lol.

Bacon Wraps ready to go on....
Attachment 87490

Fatty rolled...
Attachment 87491

Fatty prepped...
Attachment 87492

Grill Full...
Attachment 87493

Happy Veteran's Day
Attachment 87494

sliding_billy 11-12-2013 08:58 AM

Looks good.

cowgirl 11-12-2013 09:02 AM

Looks great from here too!

grillinguy247 11-12-2013 09:07 AM

Looks great. I have the exact same grill and as long you know what you're doing it turns out gray food. :thumb:

SmittyJonz 11-12-2013 09:21 AM

I thought this thread was gonna be baking in oven with liquid smoke......:shock:
Glad I was wrong !! :wink:

Branded BBQ 11-12-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmittyJonz (Post 2690713)
I thought this thread was gonna be baking in oven with liquid smoke......:shock:
Glad I was wrong !! :wink:

You watch your filthy mouth!! LOL

SmittyJonz 11-12-2013 09:29 AM

HaHaHa :becky:

Fwismoker 11-12-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grillinguy247 (Post 2690696)
Looks great. I have the exact same grill and as long you know what you're doing it turns out gray food. :thumb:

Gray food?:shock: I'll take mine more of a mahogany color please! :laugh:

scayne62 11-12-2013 09:50 AM

Great job cooking with what you have, I would be sending out a ransom on your smoker and offer a reward (BBQ) for its safe return.

Branded BBQ 11-12-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scayne62 (Post 2690758)
Great job cooking with what you have, I would be sending out a ransom on your smoker and offer a reward (BBQ) for its safe return.

Let me finish typing this death threat first. lol