Did somebody say Cinnamon Bacon? How about Brown Sugar/Apple-Cinnamon! PrOn

B

Butt_Pirate

So last week PigTamer asked about Cinnamon Bacon last week in a thread. I had thought about this and was wanting to give it a shot so after his thread I thought no better time like the present. I picked up 3 slabs of pork belly and had to get more curing salt from my butcher. I toled the butcher about my plans for Cinnamon Bacon and also making my Honey-Agauve bacon(my fav and what I normally make) I think this time he will remember me for sure!
For the cure I used 1 1/2 tbl curing salt sprinkled right into the belly and I let that sit in for about 8 min before stuffing the pork belly into the ziplock bags(I put them in before the rest because its a real tight fit). After in the zip lock bags I rubbed in 3/4 cups Koher salt on all sides. Then dumped & rubbed a mix of 1/2 cup brown sugar/2 tablespoons Korintji Cinnamon and some extra salt. I then massaged it in really good and then finished up with the other two bellys of Honey/Agauve bacon.
Every day I gave the bags a flip and massaged them in some more.
5 Days later this morning I took the cured bellys out of the ziplocks and rinced them off. I let them sit on the counter to form a tacky pellicle and then set up my large BGE for cold smoking. Then my camera died so I got the bellys smoking and my camera chrging so I'll be back again with more pics of the finished product!
Cheers
DSCN2346.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

DSCN2349.jpg

DSCN2358.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

WTF blurry
DSCN2360.jpg

DSCN2361.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

DSCN2363.jpg

DSCN2364.jpg

Cold smoker device
DSCN2365.jpg

Hunk of Apple wood
DSCN2367.jpg

Starting Charcoal on my weber
DSCN2368.jpg

Set up before my camera died.

Thanks for the inspiration to start my own! Just about finished now and I can't wait to get the final product ready to test! My camera battery is charged and ready.

Lotta homemade bacon love around here lately - that's a good thing! Looks fantastic - can't wait to see more! :hungry:

It chilled overnight in my barfridge and tonight I put the bellys though the slicer! So looking forward to trying this Cinnamn bacon, it smells incredible!

Back