What to do with leftover smoked and rubbed turkey?

Diesel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I did our turkey's on the UDS this year and what a hit they were. I do have a little left to use up and I need a little help.
What would you all do with the turkey leftovers?
Love'm or hate'm I used a Myron Mixon recipe on the turkeys because it was only my second time cooking a turkey and I didnt want to screw up two in one day.

Last edited:
Besides the obligatory turkey sandwich? :-D

I make a casserole with all of the leftovers. I put in layers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, ham, whatever, and then put some gravy over the whole thing and bake until hot and bubbly.

Great looking birds. Don’t know how much you have left over, but we ended up with about a half a bird. I’ve been eating turkey sandwiches for the last two days – just a little mustard, mayo, & salt and heating up the sides and finishing off with left over pie.

Turkey enchaladas.
My sister makes Sloppy Toms - cut up your turkey, add your favorite BBQ Sauce and heat up.
Soup
White chili

Turkey sliders...King's Hawaiian rolls, turkey and some semi-sweet mustard BBQ sauce...yummm!

I saw a commercial where they took those canned biscuits and rolled it out flat then laid it in a sprayed pan topped with pesto,turkey.roma tomatos and cheese then baked. It really did look good.

Turkey tetrazini, is what we did.

Dice the turkey
mix with peppers, onions, cheese and cream of whatever you have in your pantry.
Mix with spaghetti
top with cheese and bread crumbs, or stuffing (delicious)

bake about an hour.

Those birds look great!

I went simple with a turkey salad with part of my leftovers and the rest I used in a fettuccini alfredo type dish instead of chicken.

Thanks for the replies gentleman, I should have said all that is left from the turkey day feast is the turkey! about a half of a 15lbs bird.Had some hungry family here. Dont know if I want to smother that great tasting bird with a bbq sauce.Wonder how it would taste with all the other spices?

Just found a recipe for epananda's,with a little changing with the spices like not adding any I think its doable...

I ran some through a grinder added some dried corn-bread egg and jalapeno and made turkey burgers on the grill.

At my house I smoked one and deep fried the other, and had enough leftovers for about 2 sandwiches. I wanted more leftovers. So mine were a hit. Next year, I'll do 2 smoked birds. Mine looked every bit as good as your two.....and tasted great , too.

Back