Baking in a Spicewine

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
anyone tried baking a spicewine?

I have used mine for pizza and such with great results

anyone tried baking a spicewine?

I have used mine for pizza and such with great results

Details? How hot did you run it, and how did you keep that temp?

(I have not used it in this manner, but always thought it would be pretty easy.)

Chick'n Pig have a SW that all they do is bake in it. They have won several dessert awards. PM him if he doens't chime in.

I start out with my pizza stone cold and let it all rise up to temp and I can easily get it to 300 try to keep it at 275 very little wood just for some flavor put a little corn meal on the stone just before the pizza goes in and 20 or so min it's done.

I start out with my pizza stone cold and let it all rise up to temp and I can easily get it to 300 try to keep it at 275 very little wood just for some flavor put a little corn meal on the stone just before the pizza goes in and 20 or so min it's done.

Water pan filled or dry?

Chick'n Pig have a SW that all they do is bake in it. They have won several dessert awards. PM him if he doens't chime in.

It's a variation of a spicewine called the Thurmanator. It is a baking oven.

But to answer the original question....yes we've used the spicewine for pizzas with great success.

Skippy is the only one who owns a Thermanator. His last name is Thurmon and he asked me if I could build a charcoal fired oven w/o the smoke. I told him that I didn't know if it would work or not. Turns out it works perfectly!! It has a 3/4 " baking stone in the bottom that evens out the heat. I can tell you that I have had some of the best cookies, biscuits and gravy etc. at comps.

Spice

Bake in it all the time.

I run it dry. I don't put any unlit fuel in if I'm baking. Depending on what you're going to bake it does pretty good. I don't even put wood in it unless I want that wood smoked flavor.

Heat the pizza stone up while it rises, definitely. I'm looking at doing bread soon.

Skippy is the only one who owns a Thermanator. His last name is Thurmon and he asked me if I could build a charcoal fired oven w/o the smoke. I told him that I didn't know if it would work or not. Turns out it works perfectly!! It has a 3/4 " baking stone in the bottom that evens out the heat. I can tell you that I have had some of the best cookies, biscuits and gravy etc. at comps.

Spice

Jay - What's the max operating temp in a Thermanator and one of your regular cookers.

Back