The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

D0ughB0y 02-02-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke it if ya got it (Post 1166020)
Some of the shots are blurry at best that's the reason most havent been posted!

Is that what you've been doing while waiting for Conan to give your show back?

River City Smokehouse 02-02-2010 10:53 AM

I can see where the mods are coming from. Those who are new and don't understand the BS'ers we have here may be a bit confused and perceive it wrong. I am a guilty party of posting the "NPDH" a lot and only out of pure onryness. I don't think any of the people who are doing it are doing it to be mean or hateful. I sometimes forget we have new members here and they don't even have a clue how to navigate this site, only to feel they are being attacked because they didn't post a pic when they asked a question.

BBQ_MAFIA 02-02-2010 10:56 AM

I always look forward to seeing the pics from everyones cooks. I would never want anyone to feel pressure on this, especially if it kept a brother from posting.

As for me, I don't even have a camera. If it weren't for Mrs Mafia I wouldn't have any pics, never mind trying to post them.

Westexbbq 02-02-2010 11:05 AM

For Sale: Camera (slightly used) best offer......
 
1 Attachment(s)
Very wise words and much-needed clarification;
Now, what am I gonna do with this?:wink:

deguerre 02-02-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westexbbq (Post 1166063)
Very wise words and much-needed clarification;
Now, what am I gonna do with this?:wink:

Man, I miss my cheap old 120.
And I STILL think your green chilli looked as good as it tasted!:wink:

Lake Dogs 02-02-2010 12:17 PM

Here Here! Toast! Thanks Poobah.

Afraid I'm one of those mutants who rarely has a camera close by, and I HATE cell
phones, so usually it and the damn camera thingy on it are usually banished to the
glove box. To be called, or worse, inferred a liar because I'm not a document every
flipping instant of my life twitter-kid... No thanks.

However, the other side is fun, when you really fark something up, ala grande...
No pics; didnt happen! Woooo Hoooooooooo...

Actually, not. I prefer that if/when I fark something up beyond all recognition,
I prefer to draw some lesson from it, if possible. That, or just another reason
to enjoy the scotch at hand.

Kudos.

jswordy 02-02-2010 12:18 PM

I wish life was "no pix, didn't happen." Man, that would get me out of a lot of trouble!

pahutchens 02-02-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1166090)
Man, I miss my cheap old 120.

I just fire sale-ed my old medium format (120) equipment.
penny's on the dollar, felt like crying (nostalga mod) :icon_frow
Still can do more in a darkroom than with photoshop:icon_sad

ScreamingChicken 02-02-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {Midnight ☼ Smoke} (Post 1165071)
Here is a scenario, when I 1st joined and still did not understand the quality and knowledge of the people here. I posted some Pic's, not so great Pic's. Never had anybody cut me down for it. Besides learning to be a better cook my photography skills have increased.

There are plenty of other forums where people grumble if photos aren't full-size and spot-on for color and clarity. Oh, and don't ask them to click a thumbnail, either.

Also, if you keep a running log to match your photos you can learn how alcohol impairs motor skills...:icon_devil

Brad

deguerre 02-02-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahutchens (Post 1166190)
I just fire sale-ed my old medium format (120) equipment.
penny's on the dollar, felt like crying (nostalga mod) :icon_frow
Still can do more in a darkroom than with photoshop:icon_sad

Ain't that the truth! I actually GAVE my Mamiya TLR away.:eek:

ScreamingChicken 02-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahutchens (Post 1166190)
I just fire sale-ed my old medium format (120) equipment.
penny's on the dollar, felt like crying (nostalga mod) :icon_frow
Still can do more in a darkroom than with photoshop:icon_sad

Why???

Please don't say it was Rollei TLR or Pentax 645/67 stuff or then I'll :cry: too...

And FWIW, anybody who has a 35mm film camera shouldn't feel deterred from posting. For about $3 or so (at least around here) Walgreens will make you a CD of .JPG files when you get your film developed.

Brad

BBQchef33 02-02-2010 01:14 PM

Admin note:

one more time.

it seems some folks have chosen to take this thread to an extreme opposite of what I intended and scatter snide comments in other threads in qtalk and comp. If anyone needs it spelled out again, I did NOT say not to post pics, I simply said its OK if you don't.


Our member base grows every day, and this thread as well as numerous PMs to me on this subject has proven that the we were right in our thought process in that folks were either intimidated or are just NOT posting because they don't have photos. That is NOT how we operate. No one should feel uncomfortable here, especially when it comes to sharing information. In the case of our photos in posts, we want both.. posts with photos AND photoless posts. That is NOT unreasonable.
For those that normally post pics, great, and thank you, but for those that were sitting on the side lines not posting to avoid being jabbed with a fork for being photoless, pleasenow feel free to post your experiences, sans photos.

Im not amused by the sarcasm and jabs being thrown around qtalk regarding this thread. It is not often that I post something as the founder of this forum to adjust our direction or reinforce our culture, and when I do I expect it to be understood and not ridiculed. If you do not like whats is posted here, there are plenty of other forums for you to visit.


If any one person continues to push that envelope, they will find themselves under full moderation until they get the point, where any and all of their posts will need to be reviewed and released by a moderator before it goes public. If it continues, you will be locked out permanently. I hate to be a prick about this, but i don't like anyone poking me in the eye.




On edit.. folks, this is NOT referencing any of the normal OT banter in this thread.

Neil 02-02-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswordy (Post 1166182)
I wish life was "no pix, didn't happen." Man, that would get me out of a lot of trouble!

Now I have to clean of the keyboard and monitor, LMFAO! :lol::lol::lol: Now that is a classic Brethren Bash quoute right there.

BTW. Pooh, you and mods are spot on about this issue.

flynaked720 02-02-2010 01:34 PM

Thanks

Lake Dogs 02-02-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1166256)
Admin note:

one more time.

it seems some folks have chosen to take this thread to an extreme opposite of what I intended and scatter snide comments in other threads in qtalk and comp. If anyone needs it spelled out again, I did NOT say not to post pics, I simply said its OK if you don't.


Our member base grows every day, and this thread as well as numerous PMs to me on this subject has proven that the we were right in our thought process in that folks were either intimidated or are just NOT posting because they don't have photos. That is NOT how we operate. No one should feel uncomfortable here, especially when it comes to sharing information. In the case of our photos in posts, we want both.. posts with photos AND photoless posts. That is NOT unreasonable.
For those that normally post pics, great, and thank you, but for those that were sitting on the side lines not posting to avoid being jabbed with a fork for being photoless, pleasenow feel free to post your experiences, sans photos.

Im not amused by the sarcasm and jabs being thrown around qtalk regarding this thread. It is not often that I post something as the founder of this forum to adjust our direction or reinforce our culture, and when I do I expect it to be understood and not ridiculed. If you do not like whats is posted here, there are plenty of other forums for you to visit.


If any one person continues to push that envelope, they will find themselves under full moderation until they get the point, where any and all of their posts will need to be reviewed and released by a moderator before it goes public. If it continues, you will be locked out permanently. I hate to be a prick about this, but i don't like anyone poking me in the eye.




On edit.. folks, this is NOT referencing any of the normal OT banter in this thread.

Here Here! Seems folks read about a sentence or two, comprehend
very little of what was written, and go off half cocked. Then again,
it is the internet....

Go man go!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.