The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

jacob 02-03-2010 08:32 AM

I like the new button Phil.

BobBrisket 02-03-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1166256)
Admin note:

one more time.

it seems some folks have chosen to take this thread to an extreme opposite of what I intended and scatter snide comments in other threads in qtalk and comp. If anyone needs it spelled out again, I did NOT say not to post pics, I simply said its OK if you don't.

Our member base grows every day, and this thread as well as numerous PMs to me on this subject has proven that the we were right in our thought process in that folks were either intimidated or are just NOT posting because they don't have photos. That is NOT how we operate. No one should feel uncomfortable here, especially when it comes to sharing information. In the case of our photos in posts, we want both.. posts with photos AND photoless posts. That is NOT unreasonable. For those that normally post pics, great, and thank you, but for those that were sitting on the side lines not posting to avoid being jabbed with a fork for being photoless, pleasenow feel free to post your experiences, sans photos.

Im not amused by the sarcasm and jabs being thrown around qtalk regarding this thread. It is not often that I post something as the founder of this forum to adjust our direction or reinforce our culture, and when I do I expect it to be understood and not ridiculed. If you do not like whats is posted here, there are plenty of other forums for you to visit.

If any one person continues to push that envelope, they will find themselves under full moderation until they get the point, where any and all of their posts will need to be reviewed and released by a moderator before it goes public. If it continues, you will be locked out permanently. I hate to be a prick about this, but i don't like anyone poking me in the eye.




On edit.. folks, this is NOT referencing any of the normal OT banter in this thread.

I think we ALL need to be reminded that just because you purchase a subscription or donate to the site does not mean you can say and do as you please. And as Phil stated, regardless of how long you have been a member or how much you have shelled out, "anyone can be fully moderated and locked out." Let's remember that no one is above this. Many times, this type of attitude is what leads to "word wars" and an overall negative attitude. Also, it's worse when the sarcastic remarks and jabs come from members who already know how things run around here. Anyone who has been here for any length of time and knows the atmosphere should actually be setting the tone for new members and setting the example as well.

Probably wasn't my place to say this, but I did anyway cause it seems that from time to time new members (and some not so new ones) join and have this attitude in mind. That kind of attitude DOES NOT represent what this place is all about.
Just my .02.

Bob

P.S. New button is pretty cool. By any chance is there a button with a "different" finger sticking up? Sometimes one of those buttons is needed too................LMAO!! J/K, J/K!!!

Arlin_MacRae 02-03-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobBrisket (Post 1167388)
I think we ALL need to be reminded that just because you purchase a subscription or donate to the site does not mean you can say and do as you please. And as Phil stated, regardless of how long you have been a member or how much you have shelled out, "anyone can be fully moderated and locked out." Let's remember that no one is above this. Many times, this type of attitude is what leads to "word wars" and an overall negative attitude. Also, it's worse when the sarcastic remarks and jabs come from members who already know how things run around here. Anyone who has been here for a length of time and knows the atmosphere should actually be setting the tone for new members and setting example as well.

Probably wasn't my place to say this, but I did anyway cause it seems that from time to time new members (and some not so new ones) join and have this attitude in mind. That kind of attitude DOES NOT represent what this place is all about.
Just my .02.

Bob

P.S. New button is pretty cool. By any chance is there a button with a "different" finger sticking up? Sometimes one of those buttons is needed too................LMAO!! J/K, J/K!!!

Nicely said, Bob. Thanks! Sometimes the toughest decision for us weenies behind the curtain to make is to chose between letting the members police themselves or jumping in with a machete. From comments I've seen over the years I think we're doing it right, but a lot of it comes from the qualities YOU bring to the board. Sure, some of you (and you can't pay me enough to mention names :biggrin:) need some guidance every once in a while, but we all do sometimes.

Thanks for being the Brethren & Sistern, folks. I really don't think there's a another group like you.

Oh, and please don't let something that bugs you sit and fester. I was really surprised at the number of folks who weren't posting because of the 'no pix' thing. Holler at us, publically or privately, if you need to. That's why we get the big bucks. ;)

Arlin

BRBBQ 02-03-2010 12:50 PM

I'm writting a take on this post and it might be way off. I would like to think if I had joined, donated and bought the subscription that I would feel a little more scure/worry free from getting kicked to the curb because of a few jabbs. Now yes I can understand if a person just blatantly hammers a person day in and day out, member or not, and maybe some people are reading into the comment "NO PICS DIDN'T Happen? I CAll BS" a little slap in their face. I am not one of them by the way, I don't use the comment that often. One of my rescent post got the "NO Pic Didn't happen" comment, but I made light of it, searched the web for a cute little pic and posted on my post, made some folks laugh as I recall. Any way I didn't take the Site Administrator and Grand PooBah comments personal.

Lake Dogs 02-03-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae (Post 1167414)
Nicely said, Bob. Thanks! Sometimes the toughest decision for us weenies behind the curtain to make is to chose between letting the members police themselves or jumping in with a machete. From comments I've seen over the years I think we're doing it right, but a lot of it comes from the qualities YOU bring to the board. Sure, some of you (and you can't pay me enough to mention names :biggrin:) need some guidance every once in a while, but we all do sometimes.

Thanks for being the Brethren & Sistern, folks. I really don't think there's a another group like you.

Oh, and please don't let something that bugs you sit and fester. I was really surprised at the number of folks who weren't posting because of the 'no pix' thing. Holler at us, publically or privately, if you need to. That's why we get the big bucks. ;)

Arlin

Kudos to all the moderators!

I hadn't personally experienced much of the word wars and insults
until recently. Sorry, I did (and still have) taken some of it from one
particular person quite personally, and yes, it ticks me off, and yes,
it makes one not want to participate or post again.

I see that some of that nonsense got moderated/removed (including
my pic directed back to him). Thanks.

chambersuac 02-03-2010 01:02 PM

I am glad the Poobah started this thread with his post. This is a great place and the people AND the moderators and Poobah make it that way (yes, I know that the moderators and Poobah ARE people, too). I appreciate the good natured ribbing we give and get here - and all the awesome help. Even if there were NO pictures, this place would still rock!

BBQchef33 02-03-2010 02:19 PM

Maybe im being naive, but I woiuld like to be 100% positive that NPDH, was never meant as a word war, or meant to be viscious. Surely it was always just friendly jabs. Problem was, unless a member has been around and knew that, it was being taken the opposite, and other times it was just 'enuf already', and folks were tired of it. Like Arlin, I am really surprised at how many folks agreed.


Regarding the editing of folks pictures.. I havent seen it, but I can see that torquing some folks. It was pointed out to me once by a moderator, and i believe the photo was taken down by the tweaker(??.. not sure).

Regarding the subscriptions. As most know, it is VERY hard to be 'kicked to the curb' in this forum. Aside from Spammers, we have officially banned only 4 members in 7 years who repeatedly ignored warnings or insisted on doing as they please. There must be serious infractions of our rules, and blatent disregard for moderators guidance. That being said, a subscription does not make anyone immune to action if they disregard the rules, the moderators guidance or our cultural expectations. They will be simply be locked out with their $ back.

BBQ Grail 02-03-2010 03:11 PM

(Please Note: Phil is my hero)

BRBBQ 02-03-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1167672)
Maybe im being naive, but I woiuld like to be 100% positive that NPDH, was never meant as a word war, or meant to be viscious. Surely it was always just friendly jabs. Problem was, unless a member has been around and knew that, it was being taken the opposite, and other times it was just 'enuf already', and folks were tired of it. Like Arlin, I am really surprised at how many folks agreed.


Regarding the editing of folks pictures.. I havent seen it, but I can see that torquing some folks. It was pointed out to me once by a moderator, and i believe the photo was taken down by the tweaker(??.. not sure).

Regarding the subscriptions. As most know, it is VERY hard to be 'kicked to the curb' in this forum. Aside from Spammers, we have officially banned only 4 members in 7 years who repeatedly ignored warnings or insisted on doing as they please. There must be serious infractions of our rules, and blatent disregard for moderators guidance. That being said, a subscription does not make anyone immune to action if they disregard the rules, the moderators guidance or our cultural expectations. They will be simply be locked out with their $ back.

Thats good to know, only 4 members in 7 years. I'd say thats a great low number.

nancee 02-03-2010 07:00 PM

thank you
 
thanks for telling me the last 10 years really did happen<G>

Rich Parker 02-03-2010 07:13 PM

What happened to the "Thanks" button?

Edit: Nevermind...I used it to much. :cool:

Can I remove someones thanks to my posts? just sayin :twisted:

CajunSmoker 02-03-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA (Post 1166047)
I always look forward to seeing the pics from everyones cooks. I would never want anyone to feel pressure on this, especially if it kept a brother from posting.

As for me, I don't even have a camera. If it weren't for Mrs Mafia I wouldn't have any pics, never mind trying to post them.

Guido, with all your toys you shouldn't ever worry about not havin a camera:-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 1167095)
will someone give me the short version of all this. I never read past 2 pages? what happened and where are we?

Pooh said quit with the "no pics didn't happen chit":!: We said "yes sir":cool:

CajunSmoker 02-03-2010 07:22 PM

and I love this farkin new Thanks button:cool:

1_T_Scot 02-03-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1167107)
I've seen this feature on other forums also, so I looked it up and found it. I installed it here tonight and we can give it a test run.


Very Cool thanks! Seems like some folks are already using it. :lol::lol:

blues_n_cues 02-06-2010 08:53 AM

right on boss.
i always try to do pics of my cooks if for no other reason than to add to my cookbook or a calendar i'm working on & it's much easier than reading pages of notes on cooks.

keep up the good work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.