The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   American Royal Q&A (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66700)

Bud's BBQ 08-10-2009 05:32 AM

American Royal Q&A
 
If you haven't been to the Royal before, and have a question post it here. There are a lot of members that have been going for years and have a wealth of information I'm sure they will be happy to share. That should put all of the info, that may help others.

Jorge
--------------------------------------------------


Smokin Scotsmen are in spot 868 for both.

Can anyone estimate the approx. distance from turn in tent to our spot?

Looking forward to meeting all the Brethren who participate!!

walt and tonto

Plowboy 08-10-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud's BBQ (Post 994361)
Smokin Scotsmen are in spot 868 for both.

Can anyone estimate the approx. distance from turn in tent to our spot?

Looking forward to meeting all the Brethren who participate!!

walt and tonto

Pretty easy walk. I'd guess 2 city blocks.

BBQ_Mayor 08-10-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud's BBQ (Post 994361)
Smokin Scotsmen are in spot 868 for both.

Can anyone estimate the approx. distance from turn in tent to our spot?

Looking forward to meeting all the Brethren who participate!!

walt and tonto


632.12ft or 192.67meters or 210.71 yards or .12 Miles.
Give or take, but that should be close.

tonto1117 08-10-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 994381)
Pretty easy walk. I'd guess 2 city blocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ_Mayor
632.12ft or 192.67meters or 210.71 yards or .12 Miles.
Give or take, but that should be close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy
I think it is FT for the MI mainland and Meters for the UP. :lol: What is .12 miles in kilometers?

:lol: Thanks guys!! Now if you can factor in the crowds and foot traffic for me and let me know how long it will take to get there......I'd really apprciate it....:shock::lol:

Really looking forward to seeing you all. Oh, and .12 miles = 0.19312128 kilometers......:-P

SmokeInDaEye 08-10-2009 11:03 AM

I'm working on a way to fly in and do the invitational, depending on what happens with the Jack draw. I assume it would be ok to cook the invitational in another teams spot as long as that team is only doing the open?

BBQ_Mayor 08-10-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 994568)
I'm working on a way to fly in and do the invitational, depending on what happens with the Jack draw. I assume it would be ok to cook the invitational in another teams spot as long as that team is only doing the open?

Don't know if that would be "league" or not.

If it is, we are only doing the open. I'll talk with the rest of the guys, but as far as I'm concerned you welcome to cook in our site. What say you Shotgun?

Jorge 08-10-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 994568)
I'm working on a way to fly in and do the invitational, depending on what happens with the Jack draw. I assume it would be ok to cook the invitational in another teams spot as long as that team is only doing the open?

I know that it has been done before. You can't wait until after the Jack draw to decide though. Your ARI app has to be in before 1 Sept.

musicmanryann 08-10-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ_Mayor (Post 994441)
It'd be .1931213 km


So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?

ique 08-10-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud's BBQ (Post 994361)

Smokin Scotsmen are in spot 868 for both.

Can anyone estimate the approx. distance from turn in tent to our spot?

We have cooked right around there for the past couple years. What has worked for us is to target closing our entry box right when the window opens.

SmokeInDaEye 08-10-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 994627)
I know that it has been done before. You can't wait until after the Jack draw to decide though. Your ARI app has to be in before 1 Sept.

Yep, sending it in tomorrow just to be safe.

KC_Bobby 08-10-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanryann (Post 994632)
So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?

right above 667 on the map (it says drop off to the right of judging) - I'm estimating that to be a 30 yard walk for us - 10 yards outdoor, 20 yards indoors - sound about right Andy?

BBQ_Mayor 08-10-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanryann (Post 994632)
So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?



Find Boondoggle and go about 20 ft to the West.

tonto1117 08-10-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ique (Post 994650)
We have cooked right around there for the past couple years. What has worked for us is to target closing our entry box right when the window opens.

Thanks much Chris for the insight!

Plowboy 08-10-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanryann (Post 994632)
So looking at the map, exactly where is the turn-in area?

Not very far from you. You got a sweet spot. Just cross the street to the AMR building and walk down the hall about 3/4 of the way. Easy turn in from where you are at.

HoDeDo 08-10-2009 12:49 PM

KC Bobby nailed it.... I am thinking 30 yards total is accurate. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.