wash, rinse, sanatize ?

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
KCBS regulations states you need 3 containers for washing.

one for washing, one for rinsing and one to sanitize.

but what if you have a setup with a single sink, and hot and cold running water. does that cover the 3 compartments? or would u need a 3 compartment sink to be legal? thoughts?

KCBS regulations states you need 3 containers for washing.

one for washing, one for rinsing and one to sanitize.

but what if you have a setup with a single sink, and hot and cold running water. does that cover the 3 compartments? or would u need a 3 compartment sink to be legal? thoughts?

This is based on normal health department regulations. A single sink with doesn't cover it. If you had a single sink, you'd need two other wash basins with rinse water and water/sanitizer or water/bleach solution in the other.

Phil, I'd do a 3 drop sink in the trailer. I'm getting one put into my garage, next to the fridge there. I'll cordon off the area, have the health dept come out, and get my catering license!

talking about a permanent setup in a competition trailer. ;)

I'll take a pic on Saturday of what Randy has in his trailer. A little different than like what SawDustGuy put in his from what I remember.

EDIT: I have yet to see KCBS actually inspect a cook's area looking for triple sink/basin set up. That rule is just to cover their ass with the Health Dept. Where you'll want it is for catering or vending... if that's important to you. Beyond that, I wouldn't worry about it and put 1-2 temporary wash basins up if you had to.

Phil,

Just pulled this home an hour ago.
I was on a "shopping adventure" yesterday in Dothan, AL. Looking for some obscure hardware part that no-one seems to have.
Stumbled on this bad boy by accident.
Bought it CHEAP--faucet and stuff cost almost as much as the sink :lol:

"Right Place--Right Time" kinda deal.

I think this would make KCBS happy :lol:

TIM

Attachments

• DCP03889.JPG
    DCP03889.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DCP03890.JPG
    DCP03890.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 51