Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

If it is as good as his book "Serious Barbecue", I will have to have it. Adam Perry Lang is a great cook in my opinion and I loved using some of his recipes.

I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Spatchcock Chicken recipe. I got the book and loved the recipe so I got permission to put it on my blog. Here it is if anyone else wants to try it.

Adam Perry Lang's Spatchcock Chicken

The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

Gotta second the beef rib recipe, fabulous! It's the only one I've done from that book but I don't think you will go wrong with any of the choices.

I cooked his competition Chicken thighs. It sounded amazing. But he recommends 2 hours of smoke, and they came out really dry. It was a fun process, and I'm sure I gained a lot of knowledge, but very disappointing result. Could be operator error too, I've got a lot to learn. The one thing I love about his books, beside the great pics and tips, is his passion for bbq.

So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

for sure do the blog. I use wordpress.org as my manager and i have my own server. to keep it simple, you can use blogger

Back