Heading down to Colleyville, TX

Cuelio

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My wife, my shorties and I will be road trippin it to the Dallas/FW area over Easter to hang with my brother, his family, and my parents (who just moved there). Any local brethren able to recommend good places to eat? This trip also coincides with my mama's birthday, so any suggestions on some fine restaurants would be helpfull, too.

Thanks in advance!

Check your PMs:-D

Start with these places and let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

www.lahaciendaranch.com

Steak and Tex-Mex with a relaxed atmosphere. The Tex-Mex is good- very good. Steak is good, but not the best I've ever had. On the other hand I have to give them some bonus points for the Klose mobile they have parked out back.

www.bluemesagrill.com

A little different spin on Tex-Mex. One of my favorite restaurants in the area. Tableside guacamole is some of the best I've ever had. If you or anyone in you party enjoy tequila they have a nice selection. Service has always been outstanding!

www.boinabraza.com

Amazing salad bar (amazing prosciuto the last time I was there), and outstanding service. All you can eat meats, and the selection is great as is the quality. With wine or any other adult beverage and dessert it isn't difficult to break $100/head. We do it once or twice a year and it has been worth every dollar.

www.riomambo.com

Really good Tex-Mex again. It is closer to what you will find in San Antonio than many of the other offerings in DFW. Their brisket tacos with pasilla sauce is a must try!

Head to north main in Fort Worth and find Joe T Garcia's.

Jorge, you da man! Going in the right direction? You're there! Thank you very much.

Blue Mesa sounds particularly interesting - my mom loves fresh guac. She grew up in a town known for its good avocados in Puerto Rico.

Actually, they all sound great and I look forward to hitting them! I've been to La Hacienda - great family place. My kids loved it and it is literally down the street from where my big brother lives.

Are you in the DFW area yourself, Jorge?

Cuelio said:

Just a figment of the board's imagination.

Cuelio said:
Jorge, you da man! Going in the right direction? You're there! Thank you very much.

Blue Mesa sounds particularly interesting - my mom loves fresh guac. She grew up in a town known for its good avocados in Puerto Rico.

Actually, they all sound great and I look forward to hitting them! I've been to La Hacienda - great family place. My kids loved it and it is literally down the street from where my big brother lives.

Most of the time I'm right across the highway from Colleyville. Otherwise I'm probably along I-35 somewhere between DFW and San Antonio. Your brother and I are close to neighbors then. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you:-D

Cuelio said:
What's the grub like in there?

joets.com

One of my favorite Tex-Mex places anywhere. Outstanding atmosphere. Be prepared for a wait, even with reservations. With good company I can easily spend a couple of hours in there, and I normally like to finish the meal and get out so the table can be turned.

Joe T's is first rate. They have a very limited menu, but they do everything well. Probably the most famous mexican food restaurant in the DFW area.

BTW, if you go for breakfast, get their migas, some of the best I have ever had.

The Worthington hotel in down town ft. worth has huge Champagne brunch on Sundays. Very nice atmosphere, food wonderful, great for a special occasion! Call the week before for reservations. Texas-de-brazil Brazilian steak house is good for a special occasion. Not for those with small appetites. Also in down town ft. worth.

Back