Kansas City Cabela's Q contest

try to mooch

JUst don't be mooching each other. Have a great time. I'm going tot he Fred Hall fishing spectacular at the LOng Beach convention center today and tomorrow. Today I'm going with one of my very best friends from many years back. Haven't seen him in 14 years.

JUst don't be mooching each other
Naw, E's wife will be along. And I don't want to set a bad example for my son. :shock:

Well it ended up being just jt, Ralph and myself at the Cabela's Cookoff. Contest was a Sat-Sun event, so we got to see a lot of teams arrive and set up. We checked out a lot of different approaches to contest setups. The most common cookers were WSM's, Good Ones, Fast Eddy FE100, and lots of trailer mounted 24"x 6' Horizon, Bates etc.

Was a great day spent with a Brother just BS'ing, talking Q and ejoying some beautiful sunny weather. jt's son, Ralph was a real gentleman, his mom and dad should be quite proud. Looking forward to the next chance I'll have to enjoy the fellowship of the Brethren.

Oh yeah, jt's gave me wood :shock: Apple that is!! Thanks Bro, gonna burn some of it under some chicken today!!

Back