The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Contract for catering job (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148462)

Bunny 11-26-2012 09:11 AM

Contract for catering job

Does anyone happen to have a simple catering contract. Rich and I are catering a wedding and the mother of the bride asked for one.

Thanks in advance.

Bunny

jbrink01 11-26-2012 12:36 PM

B&B BBQ and Catering, llc

3375 Hwy 185, Washington, MO 63090

636 / 239 – 4217 or 314 / 401 – 9604

Contract to Cater

Page 1 of 2

Who: Washington Chamber Dinner
When:
What Time: Evening / To Be Determined
Where: Washington Knights of Columbus
How Many: 600 people (+/- 10%)

What:
Meats (Choose 2): Roast Beef Eye of Round in au jus, Herb Roasted Boneless Pork Loin w/Gravy, Roasted Chicken and Herb Stuffing, Slow Smoked Beef Brisket

Hot Pasta (Choose 1): Penne Marinara (Red Sauce), Mostaciolli, Macaroni and Cheese

Rice / Potato (Choose 1): Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Buttered Irish Potatoes, Rice Pilaf Almondine, Dirty Rice (Cajun, with peppers, onions and spicy sausage)

Vegetables (Choose 2): Glazed Baby Carrots, Country Style Green Beans, Scalloped Corn, Buttered Corn, B&B’s Hog Apple Beans (Top 10 winner at The American Royal)

Salad (Choose 1): Caesar Salad, Tossed Salad, St. Louis Style Italian Salad

Rolls and Butter: Included,

Desserts (Choose 2): Apple Cobbler, Applesauce Spice Cake, Fresh Baked Brownies, Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sheet Cake, Vanilla Ice Cream

Beverages (Included): Iced Tea, Coffee,

Pricing: $--.-- per Plate (+ sales tax if applicable)

Page 2 of 2

Catered – Includes:

• Delivered, served and cleaned up. 2, 2 - Sided Serving Lines.
  • Clear Plates (10 ¼”), Clear Salad & Dessert Plates
  • Stainless Flatware, Linen Napkins, Chafing Dish Skirts
  • Linen Tablecloths @ Serving Tables – Skirted & Decorated
  • 33% Deposit Required. Balance payable on delivery.
  • Insured and Health Dept. Approved (St. Louis and Franklin Counties)

Accepted:(Printed Name)
:(Signature)
:(Title)

jbrink01 11-26-2012 12:40 PM

We have a more complicated one that details EVERYTHING, but this is generally what we use. Bid fom and acceptance letter all in one. Our menu states conditions of refunds, deposits, etc.

bizznessman 11-26-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunny (Post 2281139)
Does anyone happen to have a simple catering contract. Rich and I are catering a wedding and the mother of the bride asked for one.

Thanks in advance.

Bunny

Simple is not always good when it comes to a contract. It is best to be sure both parties are well aware of what is expected and therefore protected. We use a slightly modified version of one we downloaded from this site.

LINK

(at the bottom of their page is an option to download in DOC format)

We found a few clerical errors in the document and corrected them (such as section 3.1 referring back to section 1 instead of section 2). And we added a couple items that our attorney advised due to specific tort laws in Kansas.

A tip regarding the Deposit is to ensure that it is enough to cover all of your product/ingredients. Our Deposit is 50% of the total event charge. This not only helps cover these costs due to loss, if they cancel, but also allows you some working capital to prepare for the event.

We also changed item 3.3 to state the balance of charges due are to be paid upon delivery but before setup/serving. This avoids collection issues due to a client trying to not pay the full balance. We have had some issues with clients trying to not pay in full or being very late in payment causing us extra cost in collection fees. No payment - No food/service. :hand:

Iso 12-05-2012 04:54 PM

Only thing I see missing are pre-event tastings and insurance.
Tastings can get out of hand when the bride (or MIL) wants to taste a sample menu followed by a second tasting with another group and so on.
Insurance - whose insurance covers what.

As always have any legal document reviewed by an attorney to protect your interests.

PorkQPine 12-07-2012 09:50 AM

I charge a $200 non-refundable deposit to hold the date. 10 days from the event I get the final count and full payment. Never had a problem with this system and I never have to chase anyone for money and I don't have to try to get paid at the event. If they don't have the money 10 days prior to the event they won't have it 10 days later.

HBMTN 12-07-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorkQPine (Post 2290799)
I charge a $200 non-refundable deposit to hold the date. 10 days from the event I get the final count and full payment. Never had a problem with this system and I never have to chase anyone for money and I don't have to try to get paid at the event. If they don't have the money 10 days prior to the event they won't have it 10 days later.

I do it the same way, people get 2 days away from the date they booked you only to find out it is going to rain and then decide it's better to loose the $250 deposit than to pay another $1000 plus to be in the rain. Leaves the caterer high and dry after all food supplies have been purchased. At least 10 days in advance the weatherman can not make a predictable forecast and my contract states they should have a back up plan (tent or indoors) in the event of inclement weather. Plus like PorkQPine said, it sure is nice to not have to chase the client down to get paid.

bizznessman 12-08-2012 12:24 PM

Thank you PorkQPine & HBMTN!!! Just changed our contract last night to match this format. Great strategy. (and the line item of the client "having a backup plan" is a real gem too) :wink: Thanks!!!

Dr_KY 12-08-2012 12:53 PM

Agreed with the above and I do 50% at time of booking non refundable and the remainder 14 days ahead of the event. With weather like we have here it's not a bad plan.

PorkQPine 12-09-2012 10:05 AM

I have a note in the contract that they need a back up plan in the event of rain. I just cooked a wedding for 200 that was in the rain but the guests were in a building and I was the one in the rain. Hate cooking in the rain. LOL.