Did Weber ever make a kettle for Sears?

GC8

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
A friend gave me a black kettle for free and the handles say "Sears" on it. Now, I know many different brands make products for Sears who then re-brands them as Craftsman or other Sears brands. I'm just curious if Weber ever did so?

I don't think so but I have a .357 designed by Dan Wesson that was sold only by Montgomery Wards. So I guess it's possible.

I have a Sears Kenmore "Economy Kettle" that was made by Weber. There are no markings on the vents at al but the construction and finish give it away. To confuse matters more, a 70's Weber competitor "The Happy Cooker" once made some Kenmore kettles too. Mine has the three "daisy wheel" vents like the old "Bar-B-Kettles."

I'll get some pics of what I have to help some of the experts ID it.

The one I had had a ventilated ash pan under the charcoal grill. It worked great for grilling, easy cleanup.

The one I had had a ventilated ash pan under the charcoal grill. It worked great for grilling, easy cleanup.

I rescued mine that had the same feature but it was too rusted to use. I trashed the ventilated (internal) ash pan and put new weber grates in mine. I have heard that some folks who like to use their three bottom vent older kettles for slow and low, really like the internal ventilated ash pan to help slow air flow and get consistent 225 temps.

I rescued mine that had the same feature but it was too rusted to use. I trashed the ventilated (internal) ash pan and put new weber grates in mine. I have heard that some folks who like to use their three bottom vent older kettles for slow and low, really like the internal ventilated ash pan to help slow air flow and get consistent 225 temps.
I love my A: 1979 kettle. cruises along at 225 deg all day. I have my first beef short rib cook going right not.

Back