Wine Oak Barrel wood price

pne123

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I found someone that has a pile of used wine barrel oak slats and inserts (wood pieces in the barrel). It his scrap pieces but he is a junk seller so since I want them they are not free. He told be to make an offer. He has about two barrels full of 8" pieces. Most wear red wine. I know oak is good and being aged w/ red wine can not hurt so what do think i should offer him for the pile?

that is about what i was thinking. I was going to try 20 for the whole pile. I have not used much oak yet.

Thats a pretty good price. Here they cost about $15 for used barrels and you gotta cut em up.

Used Oak wine barrels show up on CL around here for @ $20- $40, from a local vintner, the next time I see them offered I'm jumping on them!

he sells 1/2 barrels for 25 and full ones for 65.... but these are just his scraps from cutting them in 1/2

offer up some grub as a trade.............

chances are he'll give you a call next time he has a pile

my food is so good I would rather pay him cash.. OK, w/ two daughter under 4 and one more on the way any smoking i get a chance to do I am not giving away to strangers. i hardly get enough time to make stuff for me

Back