Back From The Grillers Cup In Laramie

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
DSC00831copy1.jpg

This weekend I judged at The Grillers Cup, an event that welcomed KCBS teams and also had a backyard division. What a great time, nice layout for the cooks, friendly folks, fantastic organization, pleasant atmosphere, top notch food and a very cool judging area. Very cool as in air an conditioned atrium, complete with plants and fountains. The host was the local hospital, and the event was on their grounds. Monies go toward continuing education and the like, and there was a lot of team and local support for this event.​

At least a couple of Brethren teams were on hand, Bossman and CHIBI-Q, and I got to visit with them on Friday. Both of them got their names called on Saturday too. :clap2: Next judges seat for me will be Worland in August.​

DSC00841bscopy.jpg

DSC00864a.jpg

DSC00857a.jpg

DSC00875a.jpg

Hey Thirdeye, stop by the Dragon & say HI! while in Worland. One of my partners just finished his own hand made smoker we will be using both I'm sure.

Thanks for the pics! I love seeing event pictures!! Do you have any of your site or area that you care to share? If not, still awsome to see these!

Hey Thirdeye, stop by the Dragon & say HI! while in Worland. One of my partners just finished his own hand made smoker we will be using both I'm sure.

I will for sure.

Thanks for the pics! I love seeing event pictures!! Do you have any of your site or area that you care to share? If not, still awsome to see these!

I love taking them. I was judging, so my site was a motel down the road, and a seat in the atrium. Heheee.

I'll be posting a lot of event photo's on my site soon. One of the more elaborate sites was Bob Oldfield's. He told me everything has a proper place on (and in) the smoker trailer.

DSC00835aa.jpg

DSC00834aaa.jpg

DSC00832aaa.jpg

In staying with the hospital theme, the trophies for the backyard division had stethoscopes on them.

DSC00899cr.jpg

Was great to meet you and chat. Was a great contest.

Was great to meet you and chat. Was a great contest.

Once I upload them, I have several pictures pictures I'll get to you for the scrap book.

Cool trophies!

Are you going to cook Worland?

Heck no, I'm not ready for that yet. I'll be judging there too.

FWIW, I have started collecting some competition tips, and as you know I've been working on fine tuning some methods (some old, and some new). But I've not even attemped presentation boxes, and for a guy that stopped wearing a watch 10 years, those turn-in times look pretty difficult to hit.

Back