The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BBQ Pitmasters: Season 3 - Auditions (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124984)

motoeric 01-28-2012 03:46 PM

BBQ Pitmasters: Season 3 - Auditions

http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit.htm

I'm not too optimistic as it seems as if they will be following the same mode as last season and not season 1.

It will still be pretty cool to see lots of Brethren on there, so get your video ready and apply now!

Eric

Ron_L 01-28-2012 03:57 PM

It says...

Quote:

We have yet to determine which contests we'll be attending but casting
has begun and we want YOUR video auditions.

That makes it sound more like season 1.

motoeric 01-28-2012 04:02 PM

What I'm concerned with is that they are bringing back Myron, Art and Warren.

Maybe it'll be a hybrid show, a mix of season one and two?

Eric

SCSmoke 01-28-2012 04:40 PM

If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

SCSmoke 01-28-2012 04:51 PM

My bad. I think that is an old video is for season 2.

Divemaster 01-28-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCSmoke (Post 1929780)
If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

Heck, I won't even eat MY competition ribs and they are free!

Jorge 01-28-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 1929725)
http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit.htm

I'm not too optimistic as it seems as if they will be following the same mode as last season and not season 1.

It will still be pretty cool to see lots of Brethren on there, so get your video ready and apply now!

Eric

If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

ThomEmery 01-28-2012 06:57 PM

We had a very minor part working with 3 Eyz BBQ
But that minor part has closed more catering deals than anything else

SCSmoke 01-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster (Post 1929850)
Heck, I won't even eat MY competition ribs and they are free!

When we are in Madison I'll eat some of yours:eyebrows:

JD McGee 01-28-2012 08:01 PM

I'll wait and see...if they repeat the season 1 format I'm in...if not there are plenty of other shows to watch...:cool: Either way...not interested in submitting a video but thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

motoeric 01-28-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 1929865)
If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

Stoneman 01-28-2012 08:25 PM

I am hoping they want to see a couple of twins fighting each other during a contest. HAHA

HarleyEarl 01-28-2012 08:42 PM

I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

Jorge 01-28-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 1929982)
I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

Yes, I guess. We should probably be grateful for a third season. This forum has benefited greatly from the show. I've got a clue since I was a moderator that had to deal with the growth coming from season 1.

I haven't heard too many complaints from the folks that have been on the show. The complaints I have heard or read have come from those that weren't. Hindsight is perfect.

Instead of starting to pick something apart before it's rolled out, how about supporting it and hoping that it represents us well.

JD McGee 01-28-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyEarl (Post 1930007)
I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

Agreed...I would DEFINITELY tune in to support our Brethren teams...if only just to flip them chit on Monday...:becky: