The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FBA event, Tavares, FL (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77612)

smoke-n-my-i's 02-03-2010 05:42 PM

FBA event, Tavares, FL

April 9-10, 2010 Planes, Trains, and Barbeque Tavares, FL

Has anybody heard anything abt this one? There is no website, only an email address. I emailed her in December inquiring abt the event. Nothing still by email. I called Jan 19th and was told the apps would be out the following week. I still have nothing.

Last year, I inquired abt it, forgot about it after I didn't get any info, and received the app abt 2 weeks before the event. Not near enough time to get the required time to request time off from work, 2 week notice, and then to get the app and $$ back to her. I noticed that she also has another event in another city next month. It does have a web address link, but no application available on line. Although you can download applications for craft and other event stuff, no bbq apps..... kinda weird in my book as it looks like she wants to have the events, but doesn't want to get the apps out....

O-Town 02-03-2010 06:15 PM

I live about 30 minutes from Tavares. Let me see what I can do for you on this. I too am interested in being there as well.

Rub 02-03-2010 07:50 PM

The contest in Clermont is so popular it is almost an invite only. She only has room for about 30 teams and it's mostly the same ones each year, with a few new ones every now and then. The one in Tavares is a real nice one as well, located on a lake. They reportedly have done a lot of work on the area and are very excited to host what they anticipate being a great contest. I would imagine apps will go out in March.

The_Kapn 02-04-2010 03:24 PM

I would love to go back to Tavares and defend my RGC :lol: :lol:
But, it is the same weekend as the Dothan, AL contest and that is where I need to be.

Great contest with a great organizer.
I understand they have greatly expanded the venue and it should be even better than before.

Good luck to y'all down there.

TIM

smoke-n-my-i's 02-06-2010 03:15 PM

I guess I will just sit back and relax and wait some more.... maybe this year it will get here sooner than last year. I am looking forward to this one. Since the comps don't usually start up this way more till the end of April, this would be a great "warm" up and practice run for me.

Maybe even a chance to give Rub a run for his "money" on the brisket from last November at Bartow... :eek: I would love to beat him in at least one category... :rolleyes: