reheating brisket

gjertsen

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have an 18 pound packer brisket, and I plan on separating the point from the flat so that it will fit in the Masterbuilt 30” smoker cabinet. I would expect, only because I’ve done about this same size brisket once before, that at 225 the meat will probably take ~12 hours to be done. But I want to fork-pull it, throw a little sauce on it, and make sliders for 12 noon lunch on Saturday, and I don’t care to be up in the wee hours of the morning adding fuel to the smoker.

Would it make better sense to smoke it Friday (a) either keep it warm (or wrapped in a cooler) or (b) cool it completely and somehow reheat it.

Have mercy on a newbie on the forum and give me input on how/when I should attack the 18lb. packer (divided) for a Saturday noon serving time.

If your going to make pulled / shredded brisket I'd smoke it for 6 hrs then pan it with a beer and a Bottle of sauce cover it and toss it in the oven at 225 and let it braise until it's falling apart tender. Then all you need do is take a few forks and shred it and mix it through the pan sauce.

If your going to make pulled / shredded brisket I'd smoke it for 6 hrs then pan it with a beer and a Bottle of sauce cover it and toss it in the oven at 225 and let it braise until it's falling apart tender. Then all you need do is take a few forks and shred it and mix it through the pan sauce.

This is what I do when I do with Pork for lunches at work. I also don't pull mine until I am setting it out.

Yep, pretty much the same method for pulled beef with chuck roasts.
I've never done it with brisket, but it should work about the same.

I've done exactly that numerous times but with PP and sliced brisket.

Reserve any drippings you might catch and pour back over the pulled meat to keep it moist during reheating. 20 minutes in a 350* oven is usually fine for reheating.

I wouldn't attempt to keep it warm that long- too much can go wrong: drying out, over-cooking, pan-frying (not the good kind), temp danger zone issues, loss of quality...

Back