The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

YSR 03-11-2020 11:48 AM

Count me in
 
Pulled the trigger just now... 2 Star, Wifi, Door, Xtra Rack, 3/4 Rack, Cover. Told my wife reminding her she said "go ahead" last week. Apparently her memory is not so good. Looks like I may have "traded" a new MAK for a bathroom renovation...:shock:
Thanks Crispy, rwalters, pjtexas, Kevin J and all who have contributed to my continuing delinquency. :thumb:

Gore 03-11-2020 11:55 AM

Dang, I'll have to see what kind of discount Caleb can give me on a bathroom innovation. Does anyone know if he installs hardwood floors?

rwalters 03-11-2020 12:01 PM

UPDATE!!! Just spoke with MAK Grills and we are currently sitting at 19 grills sold through this Brethren group buy deal. Lots of calls/interest coming in and it seems that we are going to move past 20 any minute now. I was just able to broker a new incentive (lol) to the already awesome group buy deal MAK has provided to all who have joined the family this past week.

So here it is...

Knowing that the group buy deal comes to an end tomorrow (3/12) at 5pm (PST)... if we can hit 25 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $75 store credit. If we can hit 30 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $100 store credit.

There currently seems to be plenty of interest to make these goals very realistic. Soooooo, now is the time if you are on the fence. Just a handful more and the deal gets even sweeter :)

rwalters 03-11-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4282183)
Pulled the trigger just now... 2 Star, Wifi, Door, Xtra Rack, 3/4 Rack, Cover. Told my wife reminding her she said "go ahead" last week. Apparently her memory is not so good. Looks like I may have "traded" a new MAK for a bathroom renovation...:shock:

Thanks Crispy, rwalters, pjtexas, Kevin J and all who have contributed to my continuing delinquency. :thumb:



Congrats and WELCOME to the MAK family brother!

YSR 03-11-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 4282185)
Dang, I'll have to see what kind of discount Caleb can give me on a bathroom innovation. Does anyone know if he installs hardwood floors?

:laugh::laugh:

Not sure about his hardwood skills, but my bathroom indignation is to be overcome by my MAK jubilation

Crispy Bacon 03-11-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4282183)
Pulled the trigger just now... 2 Star, Wifi, Door, Xtra Rack, 3/4 Rack, Cover. Told my wife reminding her she said "go ahead" last week. Apparently her memory is not so good. Looks like I may have "traded" a new MAK for a bathroom renovation...:shock:
Thanks Crispy, rwalters, pjtexas, Kevin J and all who have contributed to my continuing delinquency. :thumb:


Thatís funny but I feel your pain!! Lol.

KevinJ 03-11-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282187)
UPDATE!!! Just spoke with MAK Grills and we are currently sitting at 19 grills sold through this Brethren group buy deal. Lots of calls/interest coming in and it seems that we are going to move past 20 any minute now. I was just able to broker a new incentive (lol) to the already awesome group buy deal MAK has provided to all who have joined the family this past week.

So here it is...

Knowing that the group buy deal comes to an end tomorrow (3/12) at 5pm (PST)... if we can hit 25 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $75 store credit. If we can hit 30 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $100 store credit.

There currently seems to be plenty of interest to make these goals very realistic. Soooooo, now is the time if you are on the fence. Just a handful more and the deal gets even sweeter :)

That's awesome wish I was a participant, probably going to end up getting a front shelf for the 1 Star, oh well just have to take solace in the fact I've been enjoying the MAK for almost 2yrs now.

Think when the Mini MAK is released we can find enough interested parties to drum up another group bye. :mrgreen:

rwalters 03-11-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4282199)
That's awesome wish I was a participant, probably going to end up getting a front shelf for the 1 Star, oh well just have to take solace in the fact I've been enjoying the MAK for almost 2yrs now.



Think when the Mini MAK is released we can find enough interested parties to drum up another group bye. :mrgreen:



A Mini MAK group buy would be amazing, eh?!?! We shall see what MAK has to say when the time comes. That said, I wouldnít mind seeing a MAK 3 Star group buy deal. Large family problems... lol.

pjtexas1 03-11-2020 12:50 PM

YSR,
Do you get to use the Mak before the remodel is done? Doesn't seem fair that you get your new toy before she gets hers. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pjtexas1 03-11-2020 12:55 PM

If we miss out on the store credit are we gonna blame Sako?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rwalters 03-11-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4282206)
If we miss out on the store credit are we gonna blame Sako?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk



Well, someoneís gotta take the fall...lol. Do you have a better suggestion than Sako?

KevinJ 03-11-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4282206)
If we miss out on the store credit are we gonna blame Sako?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4282207)
Well, someoneís gotta take the fall...lol. Do you have a better suggestion than Sako?

Someone should at least send him a PM and let him know. :heh:

4ever3 03-11-2020 01:13 PM

We need a MAK Appreciation and I say Robb is the one to start it, so here’s what I propose.


Robb, the next time you take pics of a cook, start a new thread “MAKnation” or MAK Appreciation” or whatever else someone comes up with then we can all post pics of cooks, plates food, questions, blah blah blah. Not saying someone can’t post a MAK thread outside of it though.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

YSR 03-11-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4282204)
YSR,
Do you get to use the Mak before the remodel is done? Doesn't seem fair that you get your new toy before she gets hers. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:laugh: shhhhh! You may cost me another bathroom!

ssv3 03-11-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner21 (Post 4281963)
Iím selfishly disappointed. Your logic is sound, but your cooks are inspiring. For the love of the Brethren I think you should reconsider - you have a couple more days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4281967)
You know what, you are absolutely correct! I would actually have to question Sakoís love and loyalty to the Brethren should this decision stick :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4281977)
Now that's some serious peer pressure! I'll still be your friend regardless Sako.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4281979)
No pressure whatsoever... just a gentle nudge... lol. Yes, we can still be friends no matter what he decides. I would hate to lose my chance of ever getting a Sako dinner invite :)

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I feel the pressure again but please don't blame me if you miss out on the new incentive. :redface:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.