The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

rwalters 03-03-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279240)
That wonít stop me from calling 11 or 9 times a day :mrgreen:



Well? Three Weberís listed, three Weberís sold, when the MAK gets here Iíll sell the GMG!



Dinner table conversation last night...



Me ďWell, three grills gone, and a new one on the way. When that one gets here and I get it running Iíll sell the GMG. Then when this kitchen remodel is done Iím going to build an offset and Iíll be done for a while...Ē



Mrs. 4ever3 ď(silent eye roll)Ē



I took that as a yes, the planning has begun!



Solid plan!!

pjtexas1 03-03-2020 09:03 PM

Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rwalters 03-03-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279348)
Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Awesome!! [emoji41]

Baychilla 03-03-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279348)
Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you get a tracking number or just the LTL pickup confirmation when the grill was picked up in Oregon?

pjtexas1 03-03-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4279354)
Did you get a tracking number or just the LTL pickup confirmation when the grill was picked up in Oregon?

Just the LTL when it was picked up in Oregon on the 28th. Then the call today (3rd) saying it would be in on the 4th. Work is crazy right now with another merger happening in 17 days. Hopefully I'm able to be home when it arrives on the 5th. Probably should have picked the 4th. [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Crispy Bacon 03-04-2020 05:34 AM

Big shoutout to @rwalters for helping out & doing most of the work with this! Appreciate all of his MAK knowledge & the countless questions he answered! & to @MAK grills who ultimately made this happen! Thanks to everyone who was able to get themselves a grill too! Cheers to the many upcoming cooks this Spring & Summer!!

Prneum 03-04-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy Bacon (Post 4279417)
Big shoutout to @rwalters for helping out & doing most of the work with this! Appreciate all of his MAK knowledge & the countless questions he answered! & to @MAK grills who ultimately made this happen! Thanks to everyone who was able to get themselves a grill too! Cheers to the many upcoming cooks this Spring & Summer!!

Couldn't have said it better! This thread is what pushed me off the fence to purchase one and I can't thank you guys enough. Looking forward smoking great food!

rwalters 03-04-2020 10:50 AM

MAK Group Buy
 
This thread, IMO, has been a blast to watch unfold. Itís not over yet. Anyone else considering, or close to joining the MAK family? Just curious [emoji4]. As previously mentioned, I have never seen MAK do something like this. If youíre in the market, nowís the time to stop dragging your heels... lol.

YSR 03-04-2020 12:44 PM

Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...

rwalters 03-04-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4279547)
Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...



lol [emoji23]

Only you can determine that [emoji2957]

KevinJ 03-04-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4279547)
Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...

Wish you good luck.

As soon as I get done paying the tax man I'm going layout why I want/need a new Functional Trainer for my home Gym. :roll:

4ever3 03-04-2020 02:31 PM

Just got the call from Fed Ex, the grill is in Denver and barring any weather delays it will be here Friday!

rwalters 03-04-2020 02:33 PM

MAK Group Buy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4279574)
Wish you good luck.



As soon as I get done paying the tax man I'm going layout why I want/need a new Functional Trainer for my home Gym. :roll:


Rapid fire purchases! Glad Iím not your wife, Iíd be stressed. Guessing youíre glad Iím not your wife either... lol.

rwalters 03-04-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279582)
Just got the call from Fed Ex, the grill is in Denver and barring any weather delays it will be here Friday!


Itís gettiní real buddy! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

KevinJ 03-04-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279583)
Rapid fire purchases! Glad Iím not your wife, Iíd be stressed. Guessing youíre glad Iím not your wife either... lol.

The piece of equipment I want to replace I purchased 19yrs ago so I've got my monies worth out of it. When I say I plan on cooking on the MAK for good 20yrs from now I mean it. :wink:

I won't probably get it until June and there will be enough pennies in the piggy bank to cover the purchase, plus it's a little less than half the price of the last Bike I bought so I got that going for me. :heh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.