The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Brethren ONLINE store is open. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14348)

BBQchef33 11-16-2005 03:13 PM

Brethren ONLINE store is open.
 
Brethren "stuff" is becoming available....I got more stuff loaded today and have a bunch more I have on my screen that i am uploading artwork for. the store is open, but not complete.

Just to be up front about it.. the prices in cafepress are (IMO) high, but i have been told the quality is excellent. Some of the stuff is the base price and some things have 50 cents or ONE dollar built into it. No one here is gonna get rich. The reason i did that is to maybe cover the online shops own cost of a premium shop(as opposed to basic/free) which costs 60$ a year. The premium shop allows us to have more than one style of an individual item.. Whats that mean? It means, right now, A basic shop allows a tee shirt to have one type of graphic and thats it. The premium shop will allow multiple styles of the same item, a tee shirt style, with different graphics, or graphic on front only, or front and back, etc....

I am open for suggestions for any stylizing members may want. so if you think of something you feel we can add, post it and we'll see the consensus.

Whats there now..... WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/BBQBRETHREN

IT WILL BE ACTIVLY INCREASING OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

PS...
I put something real special out there for Brian under "Intimate apparel". :mrgreen:

brdbbq 11-16-2005 03:26 PM

I didn;t see that selection....sorry

BBQchef33 11-16-2005 03:29 PM

sorry, its under "apparel. "

Arlin_MacRae 11-16-2005 03:45 PM

Ewwww!! LOL

Nice stuff, Phil!!!

Smoker 11-16-2005 03:48 PM

Phil,

Do u have one of these? http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174

Smoker 11-16-2005 03:49 PM

HATS HATS Where are the hats?????

BBQchef33 11-16-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoker
Phil,

Do u have one of these? http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174

nope.. thats just for Brian.. (read description). .. Him and Ronelle look best in them.

Solidkick 11-16-2005 03:53 PM

Are the graphics on the apparel screen print or iron on?

brdbbq 11-16-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
nope.. thats just for Brian.. (read description). .. Him and Ronelle look best in them.

You'all have not got a hair on your ass if'in you don't order a pair for your OL.

BBQchef33 11-16-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidkick
Are the graphics on the apparel screen print or iron on?

Right now i have it set to "Direct Printing". Here are the comparisons given by Cafepress.

Our current tee shirts use heat transfers and what i dont like about it is you can see the square a little bit where the transfer material is.

You can change the option as to which method you want when u place the order.

I am going to order one of each type of shirt for myslef to see what they look like......and a beer mug... and a clock.. and a coaster.... and a thong..

I am open to advice on which to use by default.. So if anyone has first hand experience.. speak up.

*****************************




CafePress allows its Shopkeepers to choose which printing methods to offer with their designs, or allows the customers to pick which option best suits them. Direct Printing and Heat Transfer each have distinct benefits that you will want to consider. Please note: Sometimes, CafePress only offers one printing style on certain apparel items.
Direct Printing

With Direct Printing, we print direct-to-fabric with no transfers. The result is a matte image that moves with the garment because the ink is actually embedded in the fabric for ultimate wearable comfort. After a few washes, you will notice the great durability of Direct Printing. That means greater image staying power.

The benefits of Direct Printing
  • Great washability - no fading
  • No feel of ink on the fabric (the ink is in the fabric)
  • No cracking
  • No transfer lines
Things to keep in mind with Direct Printing
  • Colors are not as vibrant as Heat Transfer



Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer is as durable as screen-printing, but offers more detail. Heat Transfer uses heat to create a bond between the resin and the T-Shirt, locking the ink between the two layers. Heat Transfer has a slight plastic feel when first worn, however, this feel will diminish after washing.

The benefits of Heat Transfer
  • Vibrant colors - great for photos and detailed imagery
  • Good washability, fading happens over the first few washes
Things to keep in mind with Heat Transfer
  • May crack on ribbed garments
  • Has a slightly stiffer feel
  • Transfer outline may be visible with some designs
  • May yellow over time










nmayeux 11-16-2005 05:32 PM

Thanks Phil, the site looks great! Will the banners, large magnets, etc. be added later, or will they still be through you?

BBQchef33 11-16-2005 05:37 PM

i am working on posters, small magnets and coasters right now. They will be up tonight.

The customized large format stuff is stil thru LUX digital and I do the customizing.

icemn62 11-16-2005 06:59 PM

Thanks for all your hard work in all that you do towards making this the best place on the net.

cabo 11-16-2005 08:09 PM

Man Phil.
You just keep getting better!!!:cool:

Iím thinking my Christmas shopping just got a little
easier. Especially for one cousin of mine that used
to be a vegetarian, and thanks to this site and a lot
of SH!T from me has come over to the meat side.:twisted:

Guys, itís a long and sordid story.:biggrin:

BrooklynQ 11-16-2005 10:10 PM

I love the "Fear the Pig" onesie for a baby. Here little piggie....

The_Kapn 11-16-2005 11:10 PM

Phil,

You never cease to amaze me!

Great job!

Thanks for all you do :grin:

TIM

brdbbq 11-17-2005 09:23 AM

Anybody order a thong yet ?

Arlin_MacRae 11-17-2005 09:43 AM

VERY nice, Poobah - thanks!!!

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 09:45 AM

nope, I ordered a Journal, Wall clock and a couple of tee shirts with different transfer types.


Another thing for all to know, and help to make the store what we want.. Almost ALL the shirts are double sided with "Fear the Pig" on the back.

If anyone thinks single sided is the way to go, or graphic on back only, or even another graphic or slogan, let me know.. Anythig to improve it. Most stuff is pretty generic with our logo on it. I upgraded to the premiere storefront and its fairly easy to do bulk updates to especially if the graphic exists allready.

Theres one more wave of stuff i will be putting up today. magnets, buttons, pads, and a few novelty items.

One of my favorite items..Dedicated to RBSNWNGS.

http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.36270450

Smoker 11-17-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynQ
I love the "Fear the Pig" onesie for a baby. Here little piggie....

WHAT THE HECK IS A ONESIE???

ggeilman 11-17-2005 10:07 AM

I've never been real crazy about Cafe Press. At least in the past they have looked real cheap (quality not price), but those were b&w. I have never seen color there before. I'll probably get a coffee mug and maybe a t-shirt. Will wait on feedback first on the t-shirts.

Smoker 11-17-2005 10:09 AM

"RBSNWNGS Wall Clock for pork chop turnin.
$11.99
10 Inch Wall clock. Hang over in your competition tents, or over the bar. You may sill miss turn-in if u ask Will Breakstone what times pork chop turn-in but at least you'll be on time for being late."

NOW THATS FARKIN FUNNY

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoker
WHAT THE HECK IS A ONESIE???


A teeshirt for babys. Goes all the way down and snaps between the legs.

Smoker 11-17-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
A teeshirt for babys. Goes all the way down and snaps between the legs.


Im sure it will fit my wife, maybe I'll get one for her.

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 10:45 AM

Now thats a morning visual we will all appreciate. thank you thank you thank you.

Aeynghus 11-17-2005 10:49 AM

I just ordered a mug, clock, and shirt. Need hats.

Smoker 11-17-2005 11:02 AM

How about some of those insulated coffee mugs u take to work that fit in the cup holder.

Arlin_MacRae 11-17-2005 11:02 AM

Black hats. :)

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 11:03 AM

The hats looked cheesy.. they only offer 5"x2" space(somethinglike that) and out logo is square... I'm trying to make a new graphic that works better on them.

wsm 11-17-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae
Black hats. :)

With flames

BrooklynQ 11-17-2005 12:21 PM

How about a bra for our women?

Elkhound 11-17-2005 01:42 PM

Stuff looks great, thanks

brdbbq 11-17-2005 01:44 PM

Banana Cream Flavored Pasties ?

wsm 11-17-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brdbbq
Banana Cream Flavored Pasties ?

Banana Creme flavored edible panties??:roll:

brdbbq 11-17-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsm
Banana Creme flavored edible panties??:roll:

Looooonnnnnnggggg Story

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 02:42 PM

Ok, some orders were placed allready.!! Cool!! . I placed mine and found out 2 things.

orders of $50 gets free shipping, which saved 12 bucks. You have to put "freeship" in the coupon code.

also, after the order confirmation, I got another screen to send a 5$ coupon to 5 other members. i picked some at random of those that expressed interest in buying stuff, so watch your email, u may be getting a 5$ coupon from cafepress.

if anyone else gets that offer to send out the coupons.. take advantage of it and send the coupons to other brethren!! Cafepress's prices are up there and $5 may make it more affordable to some.

Also, Black tees are out there and designed, just not available yet. :-? They show up in our inventory, but not in the storefronts. Cafepress says that its new technolgy and they will be ready to go soon.


http://prodtn.cafepress.com/nocache/3/37826633_F_tn.jpg
http://www.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gif
http://www.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gif

ggeilman 11-17-2005 03:10 PM

I like that black t-shirt. Does it come in 3X?

wsm 11-17-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brdbbq
Looooonnnnnnggggg Story

Tell it, I got plenty of time:-D

brdbbq 11-17-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsm
Tell it, I got plenty of time:-D

To many radio today.

Solidkick 11-17-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
CafePress allows its Shopkeepers to choose which printing methods to offer with their designs, or allows the customers to pick which option best suits them. Direct Printing and Heat Transfer each have distinct benefits that you will want to consider. Please note: Sometimes, CafePress only offers one printing style on certain apparel items.
Direct Printing

With Direct Printing, we print direct-to-fabric with no transfers. The result is a matte image that moves with the garment because the ink is actually embedded in the fabric for ultimate wearable comfort. After a few washes, you will notice the great durability of Direct Printing. That means greater image staying power.

The benefits of Direct Printing
  • Great washability - no fading
  • No feel of ink on the fabric (the ink is in the fabric)
  • No cracking
  • No transfer lines
Things to keep in mind with Direct Printing
  • Colors are not as vibrant as Heat Transfer



Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer is as durable as screen-printing, but offers more detail. Heat Transfer uses heat to create a bond between the resin and the T-Shirt, locking the ink between the two layers. Heat Transfer has a slight plastic feel when first worn, however, this feel will diminish after washing.

The benefits of Heat Transfer
  • Vibrant colors - great for photos and detailed imagery
  • Good washability, fading happens over the first few washes
Things to keep in mind with Heat Transfer
  • May crack on ribbed garments
  • Has a slightly stiffer feel
  • Transfer outline may be visible with some designs
  • May yellow over time

My experience, and just my opinion, is the heat transfer tee shirts do not breath as well as all the pores of the material have been sealed by the transfer sheet. This causes a sweaty belly, and I hate a sweaty belly, unless sex is involved........:rolleyes:

BBQchef33 11-17-2005 07:59 PM

especially your guys,, then you can change your names to sweaty belly brothers.

brdbbq 11-17-2005 08:17 PM

Should include this with a Logo of course



http://www.prankplace.com/bigcahones.htm

The_Kapn 11-17-2005 10:42 PM

Phil,

Did not see them in the Merchant's catalog, but:
"Koozies" for cold drinks would be a big seller.

Maybe they will add them if we ask????

Great job--Thanks!

TIM

Ron_L 11-18-2005 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
nope.. thats just for Brian.. (read description). .. Him and Ronelle look best in them.

Yeah, but they don't have them or the camisoles in 4XL!

:biggrin:

Arlin_MacRae 11-18-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L
Yeah, but they don't have them or the camisoles in 4XL!

:biggrin:

MOAB-sized!!!

Bigmista 11-18-2005 12:59 PM

"Brian's Thong"

That's Hilarious! Now he has a place to put his "Piccolo"!

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

brdbbq 11-18-2005 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Bigmista]"Brian's Thong"

That's Hilarious! Now he has a place to put his "Piccolo"!

QUOTE]

It does have curly hair as well. :rolleyes:

BBQchef33 11-18-2005 02:02 PM

In all honesty..?? I only called it Brians Thong becase of the 1200 of us, he is probably the only one here that can get one on without it being custom made out of a tarp.

Arlin_MacRae 11-18-2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
In all honesty..?? I only called it Brians Thong becase of the 1200 of us, he is probably the only one here that can get one on without it being custom made out of a tarp.

Don't you love a modest Poobah? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

brdbbq 11-18-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
In all honesty..?? I only called it Brians Thong becase of the 1200 of us, he is probably the only one here that can get one on without it being custom made out of a tarp.

Little arse big Johnson, freak of nature.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.